Northern Education Trust Kearsley Academy is seeking to appoint a 121 Tutor of Science, 10 hours per week, term time only on a casual contract.
£25 per hour for those with QTS
Are you ready to transform student outcomes in a dynamic secondary environment?
We would like to present you with a truly exceptional opportunity to play a key role in shaping the provision of secondary education and lifelong learning prospects within our ambitious and thriving academy.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, energetic, dynamic and ambitious practitioner.
The successful candidate will:
• Analyse student progress data, in conjunction with the Subject Leader, to identify students for additional Science support.
• Plan and deliver bespoke Science lessons to small groups to eradicate gaps in knowledge.
• Carrying out the professional duties of a tutor as circumstances may require and in accordance with Trust policies, under the direction of the Principal.
• Promoting the achievement of high standards through effecting mentoring, teaching and learning within subject area, preparation and evaluation
• Being central in the delivery of the ECM agenda, paying regard to the provision of personalisation for students.
• Modelling the vision and values of the Trust.
• Being part of the team of Northern Education Trust.
• Receiving and acting on feedback to build on the strengths and improve personal performance within the Academy systems.
• Recognising, promoting and celebrating diversity.
What you can expect from us:
• Excellent opportunities for your professional development with access to a specifically tailored CPD package. You will receive the highest standard of induction and CPD support.
• Friendly and supportive colleagues who go the extra mile in a well-resourced department.
• An opportunity to work with youngsters who are keen to be the best they can be.
• A family of Academies within the Trust and a set of values we all share.
• Good relationships and loyalty with students, parents, carers and the wider community.
• First class facilities including state of the art specialist teaching spaces.
Further details are available from and informal visits can be arranged by contacting Amy Platt, PA to Principal via firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this post, candidates should submit an application form and a covering letter of no more than one side of A4, font size 12, normal margins. The letter should outline their experience to date and their suitability for the post. Completed letters and application forms should be sent email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept CV’s - applicants must submit a Northern Education Trust application form.
Closing date: Noon Monday 11th November 2019
The Trust is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All posts are subject to enhanced disclose and barring service checks. We expect all adults to share our commitment to safeguarding and the health and wellbeing of our pupils.