The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
At OLR, we believe in the centrality of the classroom teacher as having the greatest impact on student progress and achievement. The OLR Co-teacher will work and learn alongside the classroom teacher to further develop, enhance and sustain effective, consistent pedagogical practices in the teaching of Literacy and Numeracy. The success of this role is highly dependent on the development of positive relationships between the class teacher, the Co-Teacher, the STIE, the PLL and the students, in order to build joint capacity. There are 2 positions, one for Prep to Year 2 and the other for Year 3 to Year 6.
Please address the following points when applying for the position:
*work relationally and responsively with classroom teachers to build collective teacher capacity across the school
* collaborate with STIE, PLL and the Leadership Team in implementing whole school direction in the area of Excellent Learning and Teaching.
* develop teacher capacity, based on identified professional goals, using the 4 C’s model,
* Co-plan: determining each person’s role and focus for the teaching session
* Co-teach: work side by side with class teacher through co-teaching, modelling, observing
* Co-debrief: discussing and providing feedback based on observations of teacher practice and student engagement; discussing co-teaching, thinking about what worked, what didn’t and what to do differently
* Co-reflect: Identifying and planning the next actions in relation to teacher learning and practice
* support classroom teachers to identify specific professional goals in the effective teaching of literacy emerging from their current learning cycle. This will occur through the implementation of the Gradual Release of Responsibility model.
* Do screeners on students, especially those in early years, to identify students requiring targeted support.
* Co-Plan targeted support for students, in conjunction with Teacher, STIE and PLL.
Our Lady of the Rosary School (OLR) is a Catholic Primary Co-educational School located at 1 Kenmore Rd, Kenmore. Student enrolment is approximately 465 students. Our Lady of the Rosary School strives for excellence, within a Catholic environment, which fosters each childs spiritual, intellectual, social, moral, emotional and physical development. Our motto is To know, to love, to serve'.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: January 2019
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2019
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 18 hours over 4 days - days to be determined
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Andrew Oberthur
Contact Telephone Number: 33782412
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window