Our teachers are transforming lives and we support and develop them every step of the way.
Start date: September 2019
Salary: Ark Main scale 1-6: £24,313- £35,883 plus TLR 2b (£4,531) depending on experience
Location: Charter Academy- Portsmouth
Nearest train station/transport links: Portsmouth & Southsea
Deadline: Wednesday 22nd May 2019
Ofsted: Good (2016)
Visits to our school are encouraged; to arrange, please call 02392 824204 or email email@example.com
Are you a passionate, motivated and inspiring English Teacher looking for your next career move? Join our school to help pave the way of success for students in the City of Portsmouth. As a 2i/c teacher of English in Ark Charter Academy, you will provide outstanding teaching and learning of English to ensure high attainment of students and will assist the Head of Faculty in managing the subject team. You will deliver high-quality, rigorous lessons that drive achievement and inspire a love of learning that extends beyond the classroom.
- Provide a nurturing classroom and school environment that helps students to develop as learners
- Helping to maintain/establish discipline across the whole academy
- Contribute to the effective working of the Academy
- Liaise with the Head of Faculty on across-school subject co-ordination and leading the subject team.
- Assume responsibilities of the Head of Faculty in their absence
- Assist the Head of Faculty in managing and developing the department
- Assist the Head of Faculty in inducting new members of staff particularly NQT and PGCE students
- To have overall responsibility for KS3 provision
- Assist the Head of Faculty initially in raising and then developing the profile of English as the school specialism
Could you make a REAL difference?
Become part of the Ark Charter community and work alongside our dedicated team of teachers, support staff and senior leaders to raise the expectations of a community, and spark a passion for learning in our young people which will last them a lifetime.
Our teachers work hard every day to inspire each and every student to develop skills which will help them to achieve their full potential - both in the classroom and beyond. We pride ourselves in recognising hard work and rewarding it accordingly, providing opportunities for professional and personal growth in school and across the wider Ark network.
As well as professional development, we also take the wellbeing of our staff seriously, as we recognise that teaching can be a challenging profession. That’s why we give our staff more periods for planning, preparation and marking than in Local Authority schools, ensure most meetings take place during our working day to protect our valuable free time, and receive regular rewards and recognition from the Principal for our effort and enthusiasm.
We would love you to visit our school, and meet the students and staff which make the Ark Charter community such a welcoming place to work – contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 9282 4204 to arrange your visit.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.