This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking, well-resourced and supportive department. All Maths teachers are responsible for teaching Maths across Key Stage 3 and 4. As 2 i/c of Mathematics you will be an excellent teacher of Maths, with experience of raising achievement and maintaining high expectations for all students. You will support all areas of leadership in Maths and in turn will be supported well in doing so.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be an excellent Maths teacher who inspires and engages within the classroom
- Passionate for widening the life choices for young people
- Communicate effectively to staff, students and parents
- Have demonstrable evidence of raising attainment and developing excellence
- Have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of students
Why work at Chessington:
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Fantastic support from line managers and SLT who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive
- A thriving and progressive Maths department with a good range of different backgrounds, roles and experience.
- CPD opportunities with cross Trust and national development programs and bespoke opportunities to support your development
- We recruit for attitude and train for skills with excellent opportunities for career progression in a successful and expanding family of schools.
- To be part of an 11 - 16 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subject areas across the family of schools.
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and a range of cpd programmes to develop your craft even further.
- A school dedicated to well-being. Increased length of October Half Term, workload reducing feedback strategies, onsite nursery and more.
- Free gym membership, parking and many other staff benefits
Here’s what our teachers say:
“I have been at this school for 9 years and I love it! It gets better and better each year without losing the supportive and caring environment” Middle Leader
“I am in my NQT year. The CPD, support and commitment I get has been overwhelming. I made the right choice” Newly Qualified Teacher
“This is the best school I have ever worked at” Deputy Headteacher
If you would like to discuss this role or our school in any further detail please call Sarah Wilson, Deputy Head at email@example.com or on 0208 974 1156
The deadline for applications is Monday 23rd March at 1600 and interviews will be the Friday of that week.
The Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS