From September 2017 Full time, Permanent MPS/UPS + Allowance of £2,500 (potential for higher for an exceptional candidate) + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package
Merchants’ Academy is a 3-18 Academy sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. This is an exciting time to join us as the Academy grows and standards rise. The Academy is well resourced and staff and their development is a priority.
Applications are invited from high quality candidates to join an exciting and dedicated Science Department at Merchants’ Academy. We are seeking an inspirational teacher who is committed to raising the attainment and aspirations of our students. In return you will join a first class staff team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career.
Candidates for this post should be:
- inspiring and able to motivate and challenge students to make rapid progress.
- able to establish strong relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards.
In addition, candidates should have the following leadership qualities:
• Strong leadership skills through which you are able to inspire and develop a team.
• Recent and relevant knowledge of different curriculum developments within your subject.
• An understanding of national developments within education.
• Ability to support other staff through both general CPD and teaching pedagogy.
• Drive and enthusiasm through which you can support the Raising Standards Leader (Head of Faculty) in developing Science.
This role is not suitable for NQT’s.
Closing date: 12.00 noon Monday 22nd May 2017. Interviews will be held on Thursday 25th May 2017.
Merchants’ Academy is part of the Merchants’ Academy Trust and is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.