We are seeking to appoint an excellent practitioner to contribute significantly to the raising of attainment in English and to lead the development of teaching and learning at KS4. We are passionate about delivering a high quality and engaging English curriculum and this is a great opportunity to join a dedicated and hardworking department where you will be supported to develop your practice.
The Derby High School is an over-subscribed 11-16 Co-Educational School situated in the heart of Bury, Greater Manchester. Year on year our students make exceptional progress and we are currently the highest performing school in Bury for Progress 8. We are an inclusive school serving a diverse student population who are a joy to be around. The leadership of the school at every level is a key strength and this was recognised by Ofsted in our most recent inspection. We boast a talented staff with a commitment to delivering the highest standards and who are overwhelmingly proud to belong to the school. All who visit The Derby High School are impressed by the warm and welcoming environment that we work in.
We believe that The Derby High School is a great place to work.
This post offers you the opportunity to work in/with:
- A successful school with a strong will and determination to continue to improve
- A school that has high expectations of all who work here
- A school that places teaching and learning at the heart of school improvement
- A school that is driven by strong values, invests in its staff and students and has a high regard for their welfare
- A supportive and cooperative teaching staff who are committed to their roles
- A school that works effectively with all stakeholders
- A caring school where you can make a real difference to the lives of young people
We will encourage you to be innovative and creative and provide professional development that will support you in your future career plans.
Employees of The Derby High School have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, appointment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and references.
For further information click on the links below
To apply for this post, please download and complete the application form and provide a letter of application and email to Mrs D Grundy, PA to the Headteacher at email@example.com or by post to Mrs D Grundy at the school address by noon on Monday 26th March 2018.