- Teaching Assistant pay scale GO2 Pts 12-14 (£17,173 - £17,681) - 37 hrs per wk (Term time only + 2 days equated @ 84.57% = £14,523 - £14,953)
This is a temporary post (until July 2019) with potential for permanent position. Term Time only; 8.30 - 16.30 (16.00 on Fridays)
This is a rewarding post in a school with an outstanding reputation. The person appointed will work closely with the Head of Sixth Form to support students and staff in a caring environment. The post involves supervising sixth form students during study sessions and completing relevant administrative tasks.
Candidates should be empathetic, honest and trustworthy. They need to have excellent communication skills and have excellent organisation.
Ysgol Eirias is a Comprehensive, Foundation Pioneer school of exceptional academic performance which places a high value on bilingualism. We have a local and national reputation as a very successful school with consistently outstanding GCSE and ‘A’ Level results (rated one of the top ten performing schools by the Sunday Times for 2018).
There are 1374 students on roll with 273 in the sixth form and a teaching staff of 100.
Estyn Comments, Inspection October 2014:
The school’s current performance: Good
The school’s prospects for improvement: Good
Good features in the school’s current performance include:
• good performance in most indicators in key stage 4 over the last three years, which compares well with the average for similar schools;
• the good progress most pupils make in developing their knowledge, understanding and skills in lessons and over time;
• the very positive attitudes to learning shown by pupils;
• consistently effective teaching that contributes significantly to the outcomes achieved by pupils;
• the very good progress made by nearly all pupils in Welsh second language at key stages 3 and 4 and in the sixth form and
• the caring environment, which has a positive impact on many aspects of pupils' wellbeing and personal development.
The prospects for improvement are good because:
• the school has a strong culture of self-evaluation and continuous improvement;
• the school made significant progress in addressing recommendations from the previous inspection;
• partnership working is a significant strength and has benefited the school and its pupils;
• the headteacher encourages staff at all levels to share and develop their knowledge and expertise within and outside the school.
Please feel free to contact Headteacher's PA, Sarah Noke on 01492 532025 for further details and a hard copy of the application form.
Closing date: 25th January 2019