36 hours per week, term time plus 3 Inset days
We are looking for an enthusiastic 6th Form Mentor/Supervised Study Manager to join our committed team. Our 6th form is very highly regarded, heavily oversubscribed and enjoys strong and improving examination results which are well above local and national averages.
Candidates for this post should be able motivate and enthuse young people, raise their expectations and help them to work independently to accelerate their progress. The successful candidate will have a key role in supporting the welfare of all students and will have a more specific role mentoring identified students.
We require a candidate who is:
- Well-organised and methodical; able to prioritise effectively and manage workload independently
- Able to relate well to other staff, students of all abilities, parents and carers and to liaise effectively with them
- Able to supervise individual or small groups of students
- Proactive, self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
We will offer:
- an outstanding opportunity to be part of the further development of our 6th form
- a friendly vibrant, orderly, caring school where the development of the whole person is a core aim
- an enterprising and ‘can do’ ethos where initiative and innovation are warmly embraced
- a school of opportunity with a strong commitment to CPD
Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcome to do so by appointment.
An application form, job description and person specification can be downloaded from our website and should be returned to the Headteacher, Niamh Arnull, at email@example.com.
The closing date is noon on Monday 4th June and interviews will take place during the following week; however, we reserve the right to interview suitably qualified and talented candidates in advance of the deadline.
We are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as such the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.