A level Maths and Further Maths Teacher based in China
Full time – fixed term for one year initially from August 2020
Closing date – 1stApril 2020 Interview will start after application is received
Brockenhurst College is one of the country's top colleges, located in the heart of the New Forest National Park, with sixth form, adult learning and employee training provision. Awarded the prestigious Beacon College status for excellence and innovation in further education and its International work by British Council and Association of Colleges, the College offers superb facilities and its students achieve excellent results.
Brockenhurst College has a well-established transnational education department working with schools in Chengdu and Zhuhai for several years. Over the last 7 years Brockenhurst College has established a strong partnership with a public school in Zhuhai, Guangdong Province, China. Our partner school is regarded as one of the best in Guangdong Province, and has a shared vision with Brockenhurst College to provide the best education to students, giving them the opportunity to be successful global citizens. This strong partnership saw the launch of an international study programme starting in September 2014, incorporating the delivery of UK A Level qualification and American AP courses at our partner school’s affiliated experimental school campus.
The programme is now seeking an additional subject specialist within A level Maths and Further Maths to join them in Zhuhai from 15th August 2020.
The academic requirements at the school is high but it can be a challenge as English language will be the second language for the learners and therefore lecturers with very sound subject knowledge and communication skills are required for the posts.
The ideal candidates would:
- Be ambitious and want to make a difference to young people’s lives;
- Have a university degree in the subject area or relevant subject areas;
- Have a general teaching qualification (eg PGCE/Cert Ed/DTTLS);
- Have experienced British or Western education system and be familiar with British or Western culture;
- Have a minimum of two year teaching experience in relevant subject area, preferably 15-19 years old students;
- Have experience in subject leading and curriculum design;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, adaptability, cultural openness and outstanding organisational skills;
- Be below 60 Years old due to the regulations for work visa application in Zhuhai;
In return the school will offer:
- Free two-bedroom accommodation with internet access and utility bills paid or housing allowance
- Fixed contract duration of one year (August 2020 to August 2021, highly renewable with salary increment subject to agreement)
- Competitive salary depending on qualification and experience
- Chinese school holiday entitlement and holiday benefits (based on Chinese school academic calendar)
- Travel allowance and dual medical insurances
- VISA application support
- Arrival assistance/settling in
- Academic and cultural support from Brockenhurst College
Please note: the postholders will be employed by the school and governed under Chinese law.
Following shortlisting, candidates will either be interviewed by Skype and/or at Brockenhurst College depending on the candidates’ location.
For full details please visit our website.