A-Level Maths Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Salary: Up to £34,775 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date – Friday 6th April 2018
Interview Date – Friday 20th April 2018
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic A-Level Maths Teacher (Maternity Cover) to join their team on a fixed-term basis from 20th August 2018 until July 2019.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher, focused on student progress and supporting students into high quality educational and work based destinations.
Main duties include:
· Teach A-Level Maths, Level 3 Core Maths and GCSE Maths, delivering effective learning for students (810 hours)
· Plan and prepare and high quality teaching and learning
· Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
· Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
· Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/course/subject records and provide information, as requested
· Be responsible for the appropriate administration of exam entries for the course/subject and liaise with external awarding bodies, as appropriate
The ideal candidate will have:
· Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
· Recognised teaching qualification or willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
· Compliance with CPD requirements
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.