A-Level Spanish Teacher (0.4)
Salary: Up to £34,775 per annum depending on experience (pro rata)
Closing Date: Friday 25th January 2019
Interview Date: Monday 4th February 2019
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic A-Level Spanish lecturer to join our Business, Humanities and Languages team on a part-time, permanent basis, working 14 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding leader, focused on student progress and supporting students into high quality educational and work based destinations.
Main duties include:
• Teach A-Level Spanish, delivering effective learning for students
• Be up to date, plan and prepare and high quality teaching as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours (324 hours per annum)
• Develop and share resources for the course/subject, including maintaining effective links across College for resources
• Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
• Complete required assessment duties in relation to student assignments
• Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/course/subject records and provide information, as requested
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• Recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
• A higher degree or advanced qualification
• Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area (Spanish)
• Demonstrate a student centred approach to teaching and learning
• Experience of providing an outstanding teaching, learning and assessment experience
How to apply:
If you are interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.