We are looking for a mathematician with strong subject knowledge and a passion for the subject at post-16. The core purpose of this post is to teach mathematics and further mathematics at Key Stage 5, and contribute to the continuing development of the Mathematics A Level curriculum under the leadership of a key stage co-ordinator. It is expected that the successful candidate will consistently plan and deliver outstanding lessons within the department.
The College offers Mathematics at Key Stage 3, at GCSE and has a large cohort at post-16. We are looking for an innovative and forward–looking individual who can inspire students and contribute fully to a very active Mathematics team. You should be flexible enough to teach some maths to our most able mathematicians in Year 11 in order to encourage take-up at A Level.
NQTs and experienced teachers are welcome to apply.
Key responsibilities and objectives of the job:
- To work within and contribute to established College and department frameworks for
- lesson planning, delivery and evaluation
- student behaviour and care
- student assessment
- To actively contribute to the teaching of Mathematics in the sixth form
- To promote Mathematics A Level and recruitment of Year 11 on to the course
- To remain informed of current developments in the subject area, to participate in INSET and to
initiate change where appropriate
- To consistently plan and deliver outstanding lessons, ensuring that a variety of teaching
resources are utilised
- To ensure that students’ work is marked regularly and conscientiously, in accordance with the
College marking policy
- To set and mark internal examinations and tests as required
- To demonstrate good knowledge of a wide range of teaching methods and to implement these
in the classroom.
- To be fully committed to the College’s house and enrichment activities
- To possess excellent ICT skills and use these as a core tool in the teaching of Mathematics
- To provide accurate information for parents as directed by the College and department policy
and to attend parents’ evenings and other presentation meetings as directed
- To work within the academy framework with regard to Health and Safety