Forest Bridge School (FBS) is a school for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder located 20 miles outside of London in the charming town of Maidenhead which opened in 2015. Incorporating a carefully designed in-house FBS curriculum based on the Science of Behaviour, academic and accredited curricula and Preparation for Adulthood outcomes, we are a unique setting for advanced and early learners, alike. We pride ourselves on our multi-disciplinary approach to learning with an emphasis on tailoring programs to meet the unique needs of each individual pupil.
As an ABA Supervisor who is a Cohort Lead you will be part of the middle leadership team, line managing a small group of BCBAs and QTs, and will contribute to, implement and evaluate the success of the School Development Plan relevant to your Cohort area. You will also be responsible for overseeing approximately 8 pupils (1 classroom) in collaboration with classroom teachers. Each class has a senior tutor to assist in day to day program implementation and monitoring and pupil support is provided on a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio by our ABA Tutors, based on student needs.
The main purpose of the Cohort lead job:
• Take specific responsibility and accountability for the day to day management and organisation of your cohort of classes (three classes)
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner
• Have an impact on educational progress beyond your assigned pupils
• Line manage and appraise identified staff
• Assist in the smooth running of the school at all times, including being responsible with the other middle leaders for the school in the absence of the headteacher, and other members of the SLT
ABA Supervisors/Cohort Leads will have at least 3-5 years of experience in the field of ABA, including experience assessing and monitoring program implementation and providing staff training and coaching of other ABA supervisors. BCBA is required for this role.
Opportunities for supervision hours for people working towards BCBA are provided
Visa sponsorship is also provided for successful overseas applicants
Benefits of joining the team at FBS:
- Ongoing support and supervision by our Head Behaviour Analyst
- Regular collaboration with a team of BCBAs and BCaBAs
- Collaboration with Speech and Occupational Therapists, in addition to other specialists (e.g. Art Therapists)
- Collaboration with other Curriculum Leaders
- Crisis Management training
- Approximately 13 weeks off per year
- Tuition and CEU support
Candidates will possess the following:
- A positive, solution-focused attitude
- The ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team
- The ability to deliver ABA in a fun, enthusiastic and systematic way to a variety of learners
- Experience conducting behavioural and educational assessments (e.g.: FBA, VB-MAPP, SSIS, EfL)
- Experience overseeing ABA programs for children on the Autism spectrum
- Experience overseeing and mentoring the clinical practice of other ABA supervisors
- BCBA (or completed coursework towards one for exceptional candidates)
Please review both the ABA Supervisor and Cohort Lead job descriptions and person specifications.
It is highly recommended that you visit the school or arrange a phone call with our Headteacher or Head Behavior Analyst by contacting us on 01628 202030 or email@example.com.