|Location||TAREE St Clare's High School|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Description||St Clare's High School, Taree is seeking a temporary part time (0.85 FTE) Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island (ATSI) Education Teacher to join the school community commencing in Term 1, 2021.
St Clare's was established in 1971 as a systemic, coeducational, regional high school catering for students from Taree, Forster/Tuncurry, Wingham, Bulahdelah, Krambach/Nabiac and Gloucester parishes. It continues a tradition of quality secondary education in the Manning/Great Lakes Region which commenced in 1926, at Taree, by the Sisters of St Joseph.
St Clare’s excellent standing in the local community and its consistently high academic results are directly attributable to the positive relationships staff form with students. Join an inclusive and well-rounded High School educating students in Manning Valley and Great Lakes area.
|Position Requirements||The Aboriginal Education Teacher has an important role in supporting Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander students to access Curriculum, and support the well-being of students. The Aboriginal Education Teacher also has a role in mentoring of students, liaising with families and the broader Aboriginal Community, promoting Cultural awareness and responsiveness within the College and coordinating significant events such as NAIDOC Week.
The purpose of the AET role is to focus on support for students and school communities in the areas of curriculum, culture, spirituality and student welfare. Liaising with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community and promoting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives within the school will be essential to the realisation of these objectives. The AET will also be specifically involved with the formation and implementation of ‘Personal Learning Plans’ (PLP’s) for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students targeted at improving educational outcomes and supporting educational pathways, both within and beyond the school setting.
|Essential Criteria||• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school;
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and encourage them to work towards attaintment of their potential;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes;
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment;
• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills;
• Qualifications and/or experience (see below) relevant to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education and/or cultural settings. This is inclusive of being able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, histories, and contemporary educational issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
• The capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and a commitment to ongoing professional learning which reflects the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Desirable Criteria||• Being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification for this position as described under section 14 (d) of the NSW Anti-discrimination Act, 1977. In order to ensure this qualification is considered, submission of corroborated acknowledgment of Aboriginality is welcomed.|
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Monday 01 February, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Peter Nicholls (email@example.com)||6552 3300|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||•To apply:
•Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to Principal – Peter Nicholls: Peter.Nicholls@mn.catholic.edu.au
•Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees two of whom must be the person's current principal and/or area supervisor or consultant.
•*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
•Applications close: Monday 1st February 2021. 3.00pm
St Clare's High School