Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for this position.
A vacancy exists for a permanent part-time 60 hours per fortnight Aboriginal Education Assistant. The Catholic Schools Office Armidale, considers that being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
- Be of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage;
- Demonstrated ability to work with children of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander heritage and assist in building their self-esteem;
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationship with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community;
- Commitment to Catholic Education and the ethos of the school;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for building relationships with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community parent community;
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised with a small group;
- Ability to implement a program directed by the class teacher and/or the Aboriginal Education Consultant, or other specialist staff as appropriate;
- Readiness to be involved in parent school partnership initiatives;
- Respect confidentiality in all matters concerning students and school;
- A willingness to undergo training as required;
- A Working with Children Check clearance.
How to apply
For further information and instruction on how to apply, please visit the website - http://arm.catholic.edu.au/employment/current-vacancies/