Vinschool is seeking dynamic, dedicated and experienced Academic Director of ESL Program to join our team.
1. Master Degree and active certification with course work emphasis for both teaching and School management.
2. Minimum of 5 years of classroom teaching and/or administration experience and proven skills in leadership, group facilitation, organization, writing, listening and communications.
REPORTS TO: CEO
INTERFACES WITH: Campus principals, Managers of Financial and Support Services, other administrators, faculty, students, parents and the Board of Directors.
SUPERVISES: English department heads and academic coordinators at Campus level and English teachers.
To provide skilled leadership and effective facilitation in developing, implementing and coordinating a high standard, updated curriculum and instructional program consistent within approved Board policy, the Board-approved Strategic Plan and annual budget constraints; programs that include provisions for accountability. To ensure that all written curriculum programs are consistent with policy and that staff development opportunities support that curriculum.
1. To review and maintain written curriculum goals and objectives that are consistent with the School’s Statement of Mission and philosophy and clearly understood by the faculty and parents.
2. To assist in developing new curriculum to ensure both articulation and provisions or accountability.
3. To review and establish appropriate and consistent written accountability procedures that assess student attainment of learner outcomes consistent with the approved curriculum.
4. To establish, publicize and administer a school-wide staff development program that will attract large numbers of participants who seek improved skills and strategies for effective classroom instruction.
5. To write and distribute high quality documents that provide faculty and parents important information about the both the School’s curriculum and instructional program.
6. To assist in preparation of the annual operating budget with specific reference to curriculum and instruction.
7. To review and maintain an updated faculty curriculum reference library that will include professional periodicals, bulletins, books and other materials related to curriculum and instruction.
8. To establish a communications network that will provide a consistent flow of salient information regarding curriculum and instruction trends that are current and supported by research.
9. To assist in developing classroom teaching strategies that allow for the effective use of educational technology.
10. To administer the school-wide standardized testing program including interpreting results and establishing information procedures for parents, faculty and board members.
11. To visit classrooms regularly in order to view close-hand the implementation of curriculum and the use of appropriate instructional strategies.
12. To chair and/or assist faculty committees established for the purpose of textbook review and recommended changes.
13. To coordinate closely with Department of Education & Training and other testing agencies to ensure the alignment of the school policies and procedures.
14. To work closely with principals, team leaders and individual teachers on strategies and planning designed to integrate curriculum and instruction.
15. To perform other tasks and responsibility as might be assigned by the CEO