Pamoja Education is a high growth EdTech provider with an outstanding record of delivering the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme to over 4000 students in 750 schools across111 countries. Courses, developed by Pamoja to IB standards, are delivered to students online through a cloud-based infrastructure.
Backed by the GEMS Education group, Pamoja is entering its second major growth phase where it intends to move into other international education markets to continue its mission to deliver outstanding secondary education.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Academic Director will be a key member of the Leadership Team, playing a pivotal role in the growth and success of the company. You will be the custodian of academic and pedagogical integrity within Pamoja Education and recognised as an academic thought leader in EdTech.
As we continue our growth phase and enter new markets, the immediate focus will be to research, promote and inform academic standards for the delivery of innovative, online, sustainable new products and academic solutions that will continue to transform education across the globe.
The role will involve international travel.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to minimum of a Master’s degree level or equivalent in Education (preferred Doctorate in Education or a related field).
- Proven and demonstrable track record in academic thought leadership, ideally within an EdTech organisation or education organisation.
- Ability to think strategically in a fast-paced commercial organisation.
- A pragmatic team player, with the ability to influence and motivate at all levels.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communicator; verbal, written and confident presentation/public speaking skills.
- Experience in / understanding of a range of national and international education programmes.
- Experience in / appreciation for online or blended education.
- Seasoned across business disciplines and departments, with a high degree of commercial acumen.