Academic English Teacher
Required from September 2019
The Principal invites enthusiastic and well-qualified graduates to apply for the position of Academic English Teacher. DLD College London is an independent co-educational College situated in the heart of London overlooking Westminster and the river Thames. There are around 500 students from 64 different countries and over 250 boarders.
About the Alpha Plus Group
DLD was founded in 1931 and is part of the Alpha Plus Group of schools and colleges. DLD College aims to maintain a 'gold standard' of educational quality. Classes are small, enabling students and teachers to focus upon the most effective ways of learning. The College offers exceptional teaching accommodation and resources.
A Centre of Excellence
We have a fantastic track record of supporting students to achieve the A-Level, BTECs (Level 3 & 4) and GCSE results they need, enabling them to move onto university courses of their choice. We also offer a successful International Foundation Programme together with Pre-sessional Programmes.
Purpose of the post
To work with the Head of Academic English and Deputy Principal Academic in order to ensure that the highest academic, professional and ethical standards are maintained at all times.
The Academic English Teacher is responsible for providing a friendly, stimulating and secure environment in which every student has the opportunity to develop academically, socially and personally.
With the guidance of the Head of Academic English, the Academic English Teacher is responsible for the complete and timely delivery of the subject syllabus, using a variety of teaching strategies to engage and challenge all students and meet their needs.
Personal Specification & Skills
You should possess the following:
- Diploma in TESOL.
- CELTA or Trinity Certificate.
- Fluent levels of spoken and written English.
- Clear and confident communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and innovative.
- Ability to motivate and encourage.
- Excellent classroom management skills
- At least 2 years direct EAP teaching experience with minimum 3 years overall teaching EFL. Experience of teaching IELTS and other Cambridge suite exams.
- Experience of teaching the 14 to 18 age range, as well as up to 20.
- Experience of working with departments across the academic curriculum.
- Good undergraduate degree (2:1 or higher) – BA TESOL/language degree ideal.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management and planning skills.
- Proven ability to work well in a team.
Each teacher should always:
- set excellent standards of punctuality, speech and manner
- dress in a professional manner
- seek to make the classroom and college environment friendly and stimulating
- issue instructions clearly and without ambiguity
- listen to students and stimulate dialogue. Always seek to encourage students
- deal promptly with any aspect of student behaviour that is to the detriment of the development of other students in the group or the college as a whole
- ensure that the classroom is always neat, tidy and safe and a pleasant place to work in, being attentive to the overall security of the college premises.
Hours of work: 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Closing date for applications: Monday 22nd April 2019
Interviews: Monday 29th April 2019
DLD College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. DLD College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as well as providing proof of your right to work in the UK.