Overview of role:
The Academic Skills Teacher will be responsible for teaching course “Academic Skills” at 9th and 10th grades as part of school curriculum. The lessons take place 5 days a week in small groups of 8-9 students. The goal of the course is to develop effective study strategies and academic English capabilities in order to prepare students for university environment. The course is divided into two semesters: Critical Thinking (reading intensive) and Public Speaking (speaking intensive).
- Degree in Humanitarian studies
- EFL teaching qualification is a must (CELTA, TEFL, etc.)
- Experience in working with high school students in a school setting
- Exemplary communication skills
- Well-roundedness, a good sense of humor
- Readiness to be fully engaged in a school life
The successful candidate
- A leader and a self-starter, energetic and team-oriented
- Experienced in teaching study strategies for high school students
- Has got an experience in teaching subjects, such as International Relations, Sociology, Global Perspectives.
- A willingness to make a minimum of 2 years commitment to the position
- Ability to speak Russian is a plus, but not required
Why teachers choose StudyLab School?
· A variety of educational projects and courses available
· A School with a strong academic environment
· Ambitious and motivated students
· Great team of teachers with diversified talents
· Academic and administrative support 24/7
· Annual contracts on successful completion of probation period
· Full visa support
· Competitive pay
StudyLab School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers, criminal record check and the DBS.
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
For more information please visit Facebook https://www.facebook.com/StudyLab/