Up to 30 hours a week available • Fixed term contract until July 2022
Do you have the drive, enthusiasm and commitment to deliver outstanding support to help young people?
The Langley Academy is seeking to appoint an outstanding University Educated Individual to join its successful English Faculty. The faculty is committed to continually learning from each other and sharing good practice in order to create a positive environment for our students to flourish.
You must be comfortable in dealing with people from all backgrounds and have a great deal of common sense and initiative, therefore command of spoken English must be outstanding. The role will be supporting within lessons and delivering targeted sessions on a timetabled basis, for small groups and individuals.
Duties will include:
- Working with students in 1:1 or group settings, produce differentiated tasks to support the students who struggle.
- Implement strategies which are focused on addressing the reasons for underachievement.
- Supervise students who are completing work and support students in catch up sessions following long periods of absence.
- Implement strategies to build & develop the confidence of students and develop their academic progress.
- Run student drop in sessions, adhoc duties as required.
If you are interested in this post please visit our school website https://www.langleyacademy.org/ where you will find more information together with an online application form. If you have any queries, please contact Tara Mackay, PA to Headteacher and HR Assistant on 01753 214474.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 3 September 2021
Interviews: Thursday 9 September 2021
The Trust reserves the right to appoint ahead of the closing date.
The Langley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Langley Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
The Langley Academy is a unique academy that serves the young people of Langley, Slough and further afield. Housed in an iconic building, designed by Foster and Partners, it specialises in Science, pioneers the use of museum learning and aims to beco...