This is a new role for a part or recently qualified accountant to provide professional support to the Finance Manager and Director of Finance of Sevenoaks School. The role offers exposure to all aspects of the financial management of the school, from helping the Finance Manager supervise the work of the accounts and payroll assistants, to assisting with the production of management accounts and reports, to working with heads of other departments about budget development and review. The school currently has excellent financial systems, but it is seeking to improve and upgrade still further. The role therefore also offers the successful candidate the potential to make a valuable contribution to cross-functional teams working on these projects.
• Assisting the Finance Manager and Director of Finance in the production of management accounts and other financial reports. This will include working with the accounts assistants and providing occasional holiday cover as required.
• Supporting the Finance Manager and Director of Finance with the accumulation of budget information from heads of departments, carrying out analytical reviews of that information and assisting in the upload of agreed budgets to the finance system.
• Information on expenditure against budget is provided to budget holders via spreadsheets that have live links to the financial system database. The accountant will be responsible for ensuring that these spreadsheets are all correctly set up, and are properly understood and utilised by budget holders.
• Supporting the Director of Finance with the management and analysis of the school’s growing portfolio of bursaries and scholarships.
• Supporting the monthly payroll for circa 450 staff, so an understanding of pay calculations and deductions, is important.
• Being a member of project teams implementing new and/or updated financial systems across the school.
• Carrying out other financial and administrative tasks commensurate with the successful applicant’s skills and experience.
For full details about this role, including information on how to apply, please download a copy of the attached job description.