Samuel Lister Academy is an improving school. In March 2017 as part of the Priority Schools Building Programme we moved into a brand new state-of-the-art building with excellent facilities
We are looking to appoint an Achievement and Standards Leader for Science who will be responsible for raising the standards of attainment and achievement of all students studying Science. The successful candidate will have experience of leading, coaching and motivating staff to bring about improvements in Teaching and Learning. You will have the ability to use data to inform and diagnose areas of underperformance that need addressing and have experience of implementing strategies to establish consistently high standards of achievement and attainment in Science.
The successful candidate will occupy a key role in the Academy. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Science department and make a real impact and would be an ideal role for an experienced member of staff who is looking for their next challenge.
We are looking for:
- An excellent classroom practitioner who is passionate about attainment and progress of our students
- The ability to enthuse, inspire & motivate staff and students alike
- A candidate with successful experience of curriculum development and delivery
- Experience of leading a team and significantly contributing to its success through leadership development, ethos, teaching and results.
We can offer:
- An opportunity to join an Academy that is committed to developing innovative approaches to Teaching and Learning
- An opportunity to further your continuing professional development
- State of the art brand new classrooms and equipment
- An opportunity to make a difference
OPEN EVENT / VISIT
We are holding an open event for candidates to look around the academy and see our fantastic new building along with being able to meet some of our team. The open event will be held on Monday 18th September 2017 at 4pm. Contact Kate Murphy at Hays Education to reserve your place.
For an application pack or to discuss further please contact our recruitment partner, Kate Murphy at Hays Education on Email email@example.com or Telephone: 0113 2003710
The closing date for completed applications is Thursday 28th September at 9am
Interviews will take place w/c 2nd October 2017
The Samuel Lister Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.