Achievement Leader and Teacher of Geography/Social Science
Permanent | NQT/ MPR | Required for September 2019 | TLR 2B £4,532
- Have a desire to support the progress and attainment of young people?
- Have a passion for teaching and wish to inspire young people to love learning?
- Want to join a forward thinking, highly supportive and progressive Geography Department and tutor team?
- Wish to be part of a Learning Trust that recognises talent and invests in potential through excellent professional development and progression opportunities irrespective of career stage
If so, Maltby Academy (range 11-18) is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Academy sits within a unique and expanding Multi Academy Trust and is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn. With outstanding examination results, Maltby Academy is striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and talented teacher and Pastoral Leader to contribute to the Progress and Personal Development and Welfare of young people and the Geography Department’s improvement journey. A passion for pastoral care and Geography/Social Science and a strong commitment to developing young people to achieve their potential is essential.
Our successful candidate will be:
• An exceptional classroom practitioner with high expectations
• Able to inspire and enthuse students
• Committed to raising standards for all
• Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
In return we will offer:
• New, purpose-built learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
• Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development
• An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
For further information, please contact Chris Eccles, Associate Principal, at the Academy.
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or by calling the number below.
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Chris Eccles, Associate Principal and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address below:
Braithwell Road | Maltby | Rotherham | S66 8AB
01709 812 864
Closing Date: Wednesday 22nd May 2019 at 9.00am
Interviews: Friday 24th May 2019
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children | An Equal Opportunities Employer