Full Time Permanent, TLR1.1 £7,854
Required for September 2019
Heanor Gate Science College is situated on the Derbyshire / Nottinghamshire border and is a ‘good’ school (Ofsted March 2017) with a strong commitment to ongoing professional development.
We are seeking to appoint a proven classroom teacher and enthusiastic professional to provide outstanding leadership in the development and management of teaching, learning and progress for all students in a given year group. The Achievement Leader is the integral role in ensuring the academic, personal, social and emotional development of students within the school, through the consistent and fair implementation of our values and expectations.
The successful candidate have the overview of all students in the given year group, which includes being accountable for:
- Monitoring and tracking of individual student academic progress, and leading on relevant intervention to ensure all students achieve their potential
- Setting a culture of high aspirations and promoting the school’s vision through the implementation and evolution of the school’s reward system
- Leading on positive behaviour management, with particular focus on tracking and intervention of behaviour issues
- Leading on attendance and welfare within the year group to ensure every student is safe, secure and able to learn
Previous experience of working as a Head of Year or within a pastoral setting is desirable although not essential.
We offer a supportive learning and working environment, allowing all students to make good progress and teachers to continuously develop. There is a comprehensive support package for all teachers who join the school, ensuring they are fully integrated to the ethos of the school and the trust.
Spencer Academies Trust is an educational charity and academy sponsor, which is committed to ensuring that every child, regardless of background, has access to an outstanding education and real choices in life. We have a successful track record of providing high quality teaching and learning which ensures improved outcomes for children and young people. The Trust mission statement reflects our vision and aim for all Trust schools. Our highly successful network of 17 schools (8 secondary and 9 primary) educates students across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Nottingham City, Derby City and Leicestershire.
The Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, which provides an outstanding education for local children. Our Trust is a model of national excellence. We work collaboratively to achieve the best possible outcomes for all young people, in an environment where partnership is valued and success is celebrated. Our education delivers real life experiences for students, promotes independent enquiry and stimulates intellectual curiosity; whilst developing a strong sense of individual responsibility and a personal belief and confidence. All of our students fulfil their potential and make unparalleled progress. They are fully prepared for the next phase of their education and have unrivalled opportunities to become future leaders.
- All children have a right to a quality education regardless of background or ability, and have an entitlement to the opportunity of a secure progression route in their learning and development.
- Schools are stronger when they work in collaboration with each other, operate within a ‘family’ and are open to a true sense of partnership.
- We grow the effectiveness and sustainability of our schools by developing the people within them, and that through shared and equitable responsibility for quality and outcomes; we achieve more.
Applicants would be expected to share the Trust’s high aspirations and expectations for pupils and staff.
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please email Mr M Jones (Vice Principal) on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this post must be submitted on our online application form which can be found at http://www.satrust.com/vacancies
In line with safer recruitment policies, references will be called for prior to interview.
Closing date for applications is 4:00pm on Monday 20 May 2019
Interviews to be held on Thursday 23 May 2019
Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.