ACHIEVEMENT LEADER POST 16 (HEAD OF SIXTH FORM)
Full Time Permanent, MPS + TLR 1.1 £7,700
with the possibility of a Leadership Point for an exceptional candidate
required for 1 September 2018
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic professional to provide outstanding leadership in our expanding and thriving sixth form. The role of an Achievement Leader is integral in ensuring the academic, personal, social and emotional development of students. Over recent years the Sixth Form has grown numerically and its reputation as a leading provider of Post 16 education has resulted in it being the first choice for the majority of our own students and those from surrounding secondary schools.
The successful candidate will have the overview of all students in the given year group which includes being accountable for:
- Monitoring and tracking of individual student academic progress, and driving forward intervention to ensure that all students achieve their potential.
- Setting a culture of high aspirations and promoting the schools vision through the implementation and evolution of the school’s rewards system.
- Leading on attendance and welfare within the sixth form to ensure every student is safe, secure and able to learn.
- Managing the sixth forms CIAG provision, ensuring all students arrive at truly aspirational and appropriate destinations.
- Leading on apprenticeship incentives and the UCAS process, ensuring all students who want to move on to university access the very best opportunities possible.
- Developing teaching and learning within the Key Stage 5 curriculum by working collaboratively with heads of department to maximise the learning and outcomes of all students in the sixth form
- Recruitment and retention of students to ensure the current model of growth is sustained and expanding in line with the schools ambitious vision for development across the board.
A proven track record of positively impacting outcomes at Key Stage 5 is essential, as is knowledge of national Post 16 priorities . Previous experience of working within sixth form or within a pastoral setting is desirable although not essential.
Our school ethos of ‘Aspire, Learn and Achieve’ permeates throughout everything we do and is a shared vision that every member of the school community is part of. We insist on the very highest standards for all of the students in our care.
As part of the Spencer Academies Trust, we work alongside other schools in ensuring we deliver the very best education possible.
Applications for this post must be submitted on our online application form, which can be found at http://www.satrust.com/vacancies
In line with safer recruitment policies, references will be called for prior to interview.
Closing date for applications is 3:00pm on Friday 18 May 2018
Interviews will be held during w/c Monday 21 May 2018
Spencer Academies Trust is a medium sized Trust which is committed to ensuring that every child, regardless of background, has access to an outstanding education and real choices in life. Our successful track record of providing high quality teaching and learning ensures improved outcomes for children and young people. Our mission statement for the
Trust reflects our vision and aim for all Trust schools. Our highly-successful network of 12 schools (5 Secondary and 7 Primary) educates students across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Nottingham City, Derby City and Leicestershire:
The Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, which provides an outstanding education for local children. Our Trust is a model of national excellence. We work collaboratively to achieve the best possible outcomes for all young people, in an environment where partnership is valued and success is celebrated. Our education delivers real life experiences for students, promotes independent enquiry and stimulates intellectual curiosity; whilst developing a strong sense of individual responsibility and a personal belief and confidence. All of our students fulfil their potential and make unparalleled progress. They are fully prepared for the next phase of their education and have unrivalled opportunities to become future leaders.
- All children have a right to a quality education regardless of background or ability, and have an entitlement to the opportunity of a secure progression route in their learning and development.
- Schools are stronger when they work in collaboration with each other, operate within a ‘family’ and are open to a true sense of partnership.
- We grow the effectiveness and sustainability of our schools by developing the people within them, and that through shared and equitable responsibility for quality and outcomes; we achieve more.
Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.