Acting Deputy Head Teacher required, September 2018 start
Hoe Valley School is a small, four-form entry secondary school that opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking. Currently located in the green space of Woking Park close to Woking Town Centre, the School will be moving to a state of the art new site in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking with brand new facilities for Art, Design Technology and Food Technology.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for the right candidate to be part of the decision making process as a school transitions from being new to established and starts operating from its brand new, purpose built permanent home. We are already heavily oversubscribed and fully staffed and aim to be outstanding in all that we do. Nothing but the best is good enough for our students and we talk regularly about how to become the best School in Britain.
Our current Senior Leadership Team consists of the Head Teacher, an Associate Head Teacher, a Deputy Head Teacher and the School Business Manager. As our current Head Teacher will be on maternity leave for the majority of the next Academic Year and our Associate Head Teacher has been appointed to be the Acting Head Teacher, the School will need additional strategic leadership to ensure the School operates effectively.
The OFSTED area that the successful candidate will initially lead on will be Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare. The job holder will line manage the respective Heads of Year, and the SENCO and be responsible for all the pastoral work at HVS.
Our staff are all optimistic, enthusiastic and dedicated to the School’s vision and we work closely as a tight community to design and deliver a curriculum which is exciting, personalised, challenging and relevant to the tough world which awaits our students. Our leadership team are flexible, not afraid of ‘mucking in’, driven by outcomes and model the excellent teaching, feedback and behaviours expected of others.
- You will be a fully trained Designated Safeguarding Lead
- You will have experience of being a whole school pastoral lead in a secondary setting with a proven record of positive outcomes
- You will have experience of successfully leading a team and holding others to account
- You can show evidence of holding high aspirations for young people and delivering excellent outcomes for students
- Our staff feedback shows we have a team who feel trusted, listened to and who have a healthy work life balance.
- The excellent behaviour of our students and our resistance to any unnecessary paperwork means staff can really focus on teaching and learning.
- All of our team have a bespoke CPD programme in place and share best practice across faculties.
- Our staff have access to convenient free parking and childcare vouchers
- We provide wellbeing packages which include yoga lessons and reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facilities
- We also have an additional two days in which the School is closed during term time to recognise and reward the commitment of our staff.
Potential candidates are warmly invited to visit the School or to contact the Head Teacher for an informal conversation.
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a School's development and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Please send applications and queries to email@example.com.
Deadline for application is:
Sunday 20th May 2018
Latest interview date:
Thursday 24th May 2018
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.