OVERVIEW OF THE SCHOOL AND THE ROLE:
My Online Schooling, one of the world's leading online schools, seek an inspirational Additional Support Needs Coordinator (SENCo) to further develop and lead inclusion and ASN within our school. You will join our highly motivated and committed team based in Edinburgh, Scotland. The role is full-time, with no current classroom responsibility; however, you will work with children across the Junior School.
“We offer an individualised, inclusive and internationally accessible British education where our pupils are respected as individuals, enjoy learning and are empowered to thrive in the 21st Century”
- Inclusive - We believe every child is capable of success and we empower our pupils to determine what success means to them
- Individualised - We create confident and empowered independent learners equipped with skills and pathways to achieving their goals
- International - We enable families across the world to live a more enriched life by aligning their lifestyle to the educational needs of their child
- Innovative - We are a progressive British online school, rooted in values of innovation, inclusivity and creativity, to UK and international families
My Online Schooling offers a new pupil-centred approach to education. We provide solutions for the diverse needs of young people and their educational goals, enabling them to achieve individualised success. We focus on the pupils' ambitions in learning. Through this, we allow our pupils to develop and maintain a healthy attitude to learning, and are empowered to build on their own strengths, talents and interests. We have adapted the best aspects of physical schools to the online environment to ensure that our pupils receive the full educational experience, without the distractions and pressures often experienced in traditional classrooms.
My Online Schooling is uniquely placed to help pupils prepare for their futures. We are proud that our school is truly international, with over 1500 pupils in over 80 countries worldwide, experiencing over 1000 live lessons each week. Pupils share their learning with others from all over the world, bringing international awareness to every class, while upholding the standards of British education. Our pupils receive internationally recognised school qualifications and develop a high level of intercultural respect, better preparing them for the 21st Century.
- Fully qualified teacher status (Internationally recognised)
- A minimum of FOUR years teaching experience in the British-style.
- Hold the National Award for SEN Coordination or equivalent.
- An inspirational Additional Support Needs Coordinator who can further develop our ASN Department
- Knowledge of relevant legislation - in particular of the SEND Code of Practice, equal opportunities and disability discrimination legislation and how these apply to pupils
- Knowledge of the range and type of interventions available and be able to apply these appropriately
- Knowledge of current educational issues and their relationship to the inclusion, behaviour support and Education Welfare Services
- Extensive experience of working with children who have additional support needs
- Ability to use pupil data effectively in setting targets and other tasks pertaining to the role and aiding pupil learning and achievement across the school
- A positive personal ethos and a proactive approach to education in the British-style
- Exquisite communications skills that use a variety of online strategies that engage our whole school community
- The willingness to work diligently and collaboratively to achieve the aims and objectives of the school, and deliver a world-class education
- The willingness to adapt to change and new initiatives as and when they arise
- The ability to act as a role model for all our children and young people, and staff
- The personal drive to engage in professional development and improvement, to share good teaching practice and action research to further the school's position in the education sector worldwide
- A supportive environment with motivated and compassionate pupils
- Opportunities to contribute to whole school development
- Flexible working with some days based in the main office and working from home
- A caring environment - we have high expectations of all staff but we are committed to supporting the wellbeing of our teams across the school
- A subscription to the mindfulness app, Headspace, to support staff wellbeing
- A strong commitment to professional development - we will support your aspirations
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team who have the drive and motivation to be the leaders in online learning worldwide
- A strong leadership team who are driving the school forward with a clear vision
Our school has recently launched its own podcast. Listen here: https://spoti.fi/3emmWHe
Please read the recruitment pack before applying. All applications must include a comprehensive personal statement, in the application form, to be considered.
My Online Schooling
Edinburgh, City of
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 18 years