We are seeking an Admin Assistant to provide support to our busy Learning Support department. You will have a lively, engaging personality, with a proactive approach and be sensitive to the special needs of the students. You will be able to work on your own initiative, with a flexible approach.
32.5 hours per week / 39 weeks per year
Please see Job Profile for more information.
• Provide admin support for students on the SEN register who are statemented, in the form of Annual Surrey Review paperwork and coordination of Annual Surrey Review Meetings and calendar.
• Provide admin support for SEN transport arrangements.
• Oversee and carry out regular updates on the Code of Practice Register, census etc.
• Day to day admin duties including writing letters, dealing with correspondence, photocopying, filing, ordering stationary etc.
• Data input for SEN.
• Organising Multi Agency Meetings and minute taking.
• Coordinate Access Arrangements for exams and liaise with Exams Officer.
• Regular meeting with SENCO and COIN Centre Lead Teacher.
• Produce and manage Provision Maps.
• Ad hoc support of students who use the SEN office sofas as a safe zone.
• Cross school liaison with regards to student welfare and safeguarding.
• A good level of education.
• Empathy with teenagers.
• Sympathetic approach to those with learning, social and behavioural difficulties.
• Ability to liaise effectively with students, parents, teachers and outside agencies.
• Good IT, administrative and organisational skills.
Applications, with a covering letter, should be returned to Ms Rosemarie Earlam, HR Officer (email@example.com) by the closing date: 9:00 am, Monday 25th February 2019. Interview date: Friday 1st March 2019