Reporting to: Office & Marketing Manager
Start date: ASAP
Salary:Grade 3 (Full time - £24,520-£25,762)
Hours: Full time/Part time available/hours to be negotiated
As an Admin Assistant, you will provide comprehensive administrative support to the school and act as a central supporting role for staff, students and parents. You will work with other members of the Business Support Team to uphold the vision and ethos of the school at all times, representing the academy in a welcoming, personable, helpful, and professional manner.
You will work across the academy as required, providing excellent administrative and customer services to a variety of stakeholders, establishing and maintaining efficient administrative systems and processes to support the effective running of the school with a focus on operational excellence.
It is essential that the person for this role is organised, able to multitask, work flexibly and have a ‘can do’ approach. You will also assist with general day to day admin tasks which therefore require a good level of IT skills.
· Establish and maintain efficient administrative systems and processes to support the effective running of the school, including updating and maintaining relevant handbooks and guides, ensuring effective and consistent guidance and information is delivered
· Adopt a business-like office environment, ensuring excellent, consistent administration support and customer service is provided, ‘Our Promise’ is met, good relationships with staff are promoted, and you are consistently role modelling professional behaviour
· Provide an outstanding and professional front of house service with a warm welcome and greeting to all students, staff, and visitors, ensuring due diligence to safeguarding and Health & Safety and in line with academy protocol
· Establish and communicate a clear and effective handover when working across zones
· Acknowledge and action all admin requests to a high standard and in a timely manner, prioritising and communicating effectively with relevant colleagues and stakeholders
· Provide comprehensive administration support for attendance, admissions, digital devices, behaviour / exclusions, FSM, biometrics, immunisations, locker keys, post, student photos, reprographics, stock and supplies, lost property, SEN, events, and trips as required
· Provide general clerical and administrative support for the school e.g. photocopying, filing, emailing, completion of standard forms, respond to routine correspondence, producing letters, reprographics
· Support with inputting and exporting data and ensure integrity within Bromcom and other systems including attendance, reporting, analysis, updating of student details etc.
· Efficiently maintain filing and databases ensuring accuracy and full compliance with GDPR and in line with our Data Retention Policy
· Attend to incoming calls and messages in a professional, friendly and efficient manner, using the corporate greeting, ensuring all relevant messages are passed on in a timely manner
· Ensure all queries are dealt with effectively, sensitively, and confidentially, taking the initiative to identify and handle issues that arise on behalf of the leadership team and others
· Ensure franking, sorting and distribution of all incoming and outgoing post is completed daily and communicate the receipt of deliveries to the relevant individuals in a timely manner
· Be one of the academy main first aiders, assisting with student welfare and first aid and ensuring accurate and prompt records and reporting, paying due diligence to Health & Safety and academy protocol
· Maintain and distribute stationery and stock levels for the offices, reception areas and reprographics, including ensuring relevant forms, information and literature is available in the reception seating area, i.e. times of the academy day, academy prospectus, newsletters, etc.
· ‘Globalise’ and update a wide range of materials and communications ensuring these are produced to a excellent standard as per the Globe brand guidelines and house style guide
· Support with daily attendance ensuring protocol is followed and ongoing efforts are made to ensure a child regularly attends school
· Support with the administrative induction of new students into the academy to ensure they have a smooth transition
· Support with managing our online payment service ensuring debts are managed efficiently
· Populate, maintain, and update administration calendars and timelines, ensuring deadlines are met
· Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by the Vice Principal – Business and Community, the School Business Manager, and Deputy Office & Marketing Manager
· Liaise with colleagues and external contacts at all levels of seniority with confidence, tact and diplomacy, whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times
· Share best practice with the wider team and approach all tasks with a growth mindset
· Ensure the working environment is to a professional standard e.g. clear desk policy
· Contribute towards the wider academy objectives and improvements
· Carry out first aid duties and undertaking fire marshal duties, if and when required
· Undertake exam invigilation duties, when required
· Undertake morning and afternoon playground duties, when required
· Operate the cashless catering tills, when required
· Cater and set up for meetings and events, if and when required
· Be willing to undertake appropriate training in line with contractual duties
· Be flexible in regards to working hours
Person Specification: Admin Assistant
· NVQL3 or equivalent
· Right to work in the UK
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Experience of running effective administrative systems
· School experience is desirable
· Experience of data entry into databases and other IT systems
· Excellent communication, writing and editing skills
In 2008 Geoffrey Chaucer Secondary and Joseph Lancaster Primary school merged to join the Ark network as Ark Globe Academy. Ark Globe Academy is a mixed all through school with student age ranging from 3-18.
At Ark Globe Academy we have the highest a...