The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking an Administration Assistant - Student Services & Pastoral.
As a member of the College Support Team, you will be specifically working to support the day to day operation of the College with reference to Student Reception and support of the Pastoral Care Team. You will be accountable to the College Principal and Business Manager and will report directly to the Assistant Principal Administration.
To be successful for the role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
- effective communication skills,
- an ability to work in partnership with collegues, students and parents/carers,
- assist and provide daily support to Pastoral leaders,
- liaise and assist in the organisation of College/student events and functions (including outside school hours if requested),
- general administration and tasks from managing telephone contact to assisting students with their enquiries, updating of student attendance, sick bay/first aid; and other office duties as requested.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will be shared between two Administration Assistant - Student Services and Pastoral role holders who work collaboratively to meet all daily duties assigned.
St Mary's College is a Catholic, secondary College committed to the education of young women in the Mercy Tradition. We have a current enrolment of approximately 600 students. The educational experiences offered are holistic and designed to be values based and life-giving. Each student is provided with opportunities to achieve to her potential and be a woman of integrity.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing as soon as possible
Position Tenure: Continuing
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only - holidays unpaid
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term):
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 35 hours per week
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Level 3 School Officer
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Lana Mollenhauer
Contact Telephone Number: 0734325444
Contact Email: LanaM@stmarys.qld.edu.au
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window