Responsible to: Director of Business & Operations
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000
Benefits Include: Flexi days off during term time, Private Health Care
Days and Hours: Full Time, 52 weeks – 37.5 hours per week, Holidays 25 days + BH
Staff managed: School Administration Officers and Receptionists
Deadline: Tuesday 11th December 2018
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date. Previous applicants need not apply.
Compass School Southwark is a small school of around 380 students, which has big ambitions and is growing year on year. We are now looking for an experienced administrator who is able to lead and manage an enthusiastic team while supporting the Leadership of the school in achieving its strategic aims.
This is a busy and varied role, but one which provides an opportunity for an outstanding candidate to not just manage but lead aspects of the school’s administration functions and build a high profile in the school. The successful candidate will co-ordinate the core administration function within the school, while also anticipating and planning for both the ebb and flow of school life.
The School Administration Manager will be an enthusiastic advocate for Compass School Southwark, participating fully in the life of the school community. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, acting as a liaison between students, staff and parents. A high level of tact and diplomacy is also required in the role, as the appointed post holder will be privy to a large amount of confidential information.
The School Administration Manager will be accountable to the Director of Business and Operations and manage the School Administration Officers and Receptionists.
- To lead and develop the whole administration team which provides administrative support for the school.
- To lead the office team in providing administrative support for school events and the admissions process.
- To be responsible for the accuracy of the school student/staff database and collection of student data. Provide statistical reports of student/staff information as requested. Provide accurate information for various statutory returns and ensuring accurate student/staff data for annual CENSUS return.
- Undertake performance management for the admin team
- Monitor general administrative functions, procedures and be accountable for quality and accuracy.
- To support the Headteacher and Business Manager with administrative tasks as required.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people, staff and visitors within the school.
Leadership & Strategy
- Anticipate the expectations and workload pattern of the administration team.
- Support the administration team through co-ordinating and directing their responsibilities.
- Think innovatively and creatively about the role, and how to ensure that the school administrative functions run effectively and efficiently.
- Interpret matters of policy/procedure/statute to ensure the school’s compliance and initiate appropriate action.
- To oversee and develop effective and efficient manual and computerised filing systems with regards to GDPR and school policies.
- Liaise with the Governing Body in arranging Governors meetings and any other meetings as required.
- Carry out some of the necessary administrative tasks in connection with this, to include preparing Appeals documentation, information regarding Fixed Term and Permanent Exclusions and other Disciplinary matters.
- Prepare and maintain materials for meetings as required.
Leadership Team support
- To provide support to the Principal / Director of Operations and Business on administration, organisation and the provision and arrangement of resources.
- Produce accurate and concise minutes from a range of meetings which you may be asked to attend.
- Support SLT with updating and developing the school website, marketing and promotion initiatives for the school.
Please download the job pack to view the full job description and person specification.
For further information about the school and the Trust, please go to www.compass-schools.com. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com or 0203 542 6506.
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date.
Compass School Southwark is located at Drummond Road, Bermondsey, London, SE16 2BT. We are easily accessible with a number of train, tube and bus routes within a short walk of the school.
Compass Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding children and all appointments will require an enhanced DBS check.