Required to start in December 2019
Are you an inspiring and creative person?
Do you want to join us in a school with a vision to be the best, where every child:
• embraces learning as a demanding lifelong journey, because all of us show them how to love challenge and growth;
• feels proud of who they are and their own uniqueness, because all of us celebrate difference; and
• leaves the gate with fond memories, a creative outlook and a sense of excitement for the road ahead, because all of us have put them at the centre of everything we do?
Lancasterian Primary is a two form entry school in the heart of Tottenham, a busy, exciting and energetic part of London. We are proud of our diverse, welcoming and enthusiastic learning community. The leadership team has a clear vision to ensure that all children and adults at the school have the opportunity to thrive and excel. The school continues to develop following our May 2017 ‘Good’ Ofsted judgement, building upon recent improvements in our EYFS and Key Stage 1 outcomes in order to raise pupil achievement across the school.
Are you the person that can help us to become the best?
Job Title: Administrative Apprentice
(Business Admin level 3)
Grade: Spinal Point 1 (National Living Wage) rising to Spinal point 2 (London Living Wage)
Salary: £13,496 rising to £17,921 subject to a successful probationary period
Hours: 35 hours per week (over 5 days)
Contract: Temporary up to December 2020 or upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
You will be required to attend job training for a Level 3 Business Administration qualification 1 day per week at a local college.
About the role
As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will be supporting the Administrative team in all aspects of administrative processes within an education environment.
Main duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
• Provide a welcoming, friendly and professional service, acting as first point of contact for visitors and callers to the school, greeting all visitors, maintaining the visitors book and checking ID
• Assist with incoming and outgoing post
• Deliver a range of administrative functions such as diary management, scanning, filing and responding to requests for information via email, letter and telephone calls
• Maintain and update records and files through data entry on the schools information management system
• Provide reprographic services i.e. photocopying, laminating, binding, and cutting etc. in support of teaching, administration and management activities throughout the school;
• Book and coordinate engineer visits as and when required
• Communicate with parents regarding all aspects of school life, receiving and passing on information between parents and teachers, including phoning parents to ascertain reasons for pupils’ absence
• Develop professional relationships with the administration team and with others who we work in partnership or as a service provider
You will have GCSEs in English and Math (grade C / 9-4 or above or equivalent)
You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and good work ethic.
Excellent time-keeping skills and presentable and professional at all times
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with great attention to detail
Adaptable & organised and able to prioritise
Flexible and able to contribute to a team approach
If this sounds like the job for you then we would love to hear from you!
Lancasterian Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake a DBS check.
Email all completed application forms to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Midday 12pm, Thursday 21st November 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 26th November 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email