We are looking for a Receptionist and Administrative Assistant who is passionate about education and has a flair for working with young people. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a brand new academy with the highest of ambitions for its staff, students and community.
There will only be two members of the administrative team in the first year. This role will cover two areas of responsibility: supporting the Vice Principal with all administrative aspects of attendance and being the academy receptionist. As the administrative team grows, there will be many different opportunities for progression either in a specialist role as attendance officer, receptionist or progression to office manager.
Harris Academy Wimbledon is a brand new, co-educational school for the High Path area. For the first two years, the academy will operate from Whatley Avenue in the redeveloped and well equipped adult education centre, and students will have access to sports fields at the nearby Joseph Hood Recreation Ground. The academy will admit 120 Year 7 pupils in September 2018 and will build year by year with an intake of 180 pupils in each year group from September 2019. Our new building, opening in September 2020, will be an addition to the regeneration of the High Path area.
Harris Academy Wimbledon will promote high levels of academic achievement across the curriculum, encourage participation in extra-curricular opportunities and empower students to make decisions wisely. The curriculum will be rich, diverse and personalised to ensure every student achieves his or her true potential. Academic success will go hand-in-hand with a rich variety of enrichment and extra-curricular activities; these activities will help foster a spirit of aspiration, resilience and joy in learning.
Professional learning will be at the heart of academy supporting all staff in their development. The academy will have a growth mindset approach where industry and commitment are seen as cultural virtues. Development of resilience, self-esteem, managing risks/consequences and the ability to work effectively together will all form a key part of the pastoral provision.
We are looking for:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy of work
- The ability to work as a member of the team and actively promote teamwork
- The ability to be proactive in the workplace
- The ability to work to deadlines
- The ability to manage a variety of different tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in Word and Excel with Database experience.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Academy Wimbledon?
- The opportunity to be part of the founding team of an academy with the highest of expectations and ambitions for its staff and students
- Unrivalled potential for personal and professional development as the academy grows
- All the advantages of a highly successful academy group, including strong central support, outstanding CPD opportunities through the Harris Teaching School Alliance, and a generous benefits and rewards package
For more information, or to arrange a confidential discussion with the Principal, please call the careers team on 0208 253 7777.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.