Surbiton High Boys' Preparatory School seeks an enthusiastic and outstanding Administrative Assistant.
Surbiton High School is a friendly and vibrant community where people matter, results count and where a passion for excellence drives everything we do. Our inspirational Educational Support Staff are the backbone of the School, and are dedicated to supporting our aim of creating an intellectually rigorous and challenging academic environment - a place where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, and where every pupil and staff member can flourish.
Job Purpose: To provide administrative assistance predominantly at the Boys’ Preparatory School
Reporting Line: Head of the Boys’ Preparatory School; PA to the Head of Surbiton High Boys’ Preparatory School and Head of Boys’ Preparatory School Administration
Tenure: Permanent, Part time - Monday to Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm, 38 weeks of the year
- To provide administrative support to the Deputy Heads
- To assist the PA to the Head of Surbiton High Boys’ Preparatory School as required
- To support staff, pupils and parents in relation to the day-to-day functions of the Prep School across 2 sites
- To respond to phone calls and emails in a timely manner, taking the relevant action as appropriate
- To ensure visitors are signed in and registered at Reception in accordance with Surbiton High School’s security measures
- To liaise with other Reception desks to ensure all sites are working collaboratively
- To sort and distribute mail, actioning when required
- To manage an effective paper and electronic filing system to include archiving and destruction of records following Data Protection guidelines
- To log and distribute personal items to pupils as and when required, e.g. lost uniform, iPads etc.
- To produce letters, file notes, take minutes etc. as required
- To process pupil absences and contact parents regarding unexplained absence from School.
- To make room bookings and catering arrangements for meetings, parents’ evenings and other events
- To provide administrative and hands on support for School events as requested, e.g. Open Events, Productions, Sports Day, Prize Giving, Parent Evenings, ensuring all aspects of the event are planned and executed
- To assist with pupil first aid and welfare, including completion of relevant paperwork and accurate record keeping
- To oversee arrangements for School trips and events including the collation and distribution of necessary paperwork to relevant staff
- To maintain resources using the ordering system, keeping accurate records
- To undertake general financial administration, including EYFS Funding
- To collate and produce information to be included in the School Newsletter
- To ensure all communications sent are accurate and appropriate, liaising with colleagues as required
- To liaise with Admissions and other relevant colleagues regarding prospective pupils and their needs
- To ensure all HR/Finance documentation for billing/cover/co-curricular staffing is submitted on time
- To liaise with colleagues, e.g. the Transport Coordinator, to ensure the wellbeing of our pupils
- To undertake all other duties as the Head/Head’s PA may reasonably direct
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational, administrative and ICT skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and databases
- Previous office/administrative experience, ideally in an educational setting
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- A friendly telephone manner
- High levels of personal presentation
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to create productive working relationships at all levels
- High levels of discretion and confidentiality and awareness of data protection requirements
- Enthusiastic team player, with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Accustomed to working collaboratively within a busy office environment
- Highly flexible, able to multi-task and with determination to overcome barriers
- Commitment to personal professional development and a willingness to develop own skills
- Commitment to the personal and educational development of pupils and to an ethos of respect and service
- Positive rapport and personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online by clicking on the following link:
Closing date: 8:00am, Thursday 27 June 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: 1 July 2019
Where support is better shared United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.