36 hours per week
Term time only +1 week (40 weeks)
Southmead Primary School is a thriving and vibrant place of learning, where we value and harness everyone’s contribution in our pursuit of excellence in all aspects of our work. You will be joining an ambitious, dedicated and happy team.
We are looking for a dedicated, positive professional person to join our school team. The post will provide an initial contact for parents and visitors to the school undertaking reception duties and general office duties.
We are a culturally diverse school and welcome applications from all.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has the natural ability to be friendly and welcoming to all
- Will contribute to the development of the school
- Has the ability to stay calm whilst working under pressure in a busy environment
- Has an enthusiasm for working in an educational environment
- Has excellent communication skills
- Previous experience of working in the education sector
- Has excellent knowledge of administrative systems and procedures - Eg. SIMS, Parentmail
In return we can offer you:
- Work as part of a team where your skills, enthusiasm and desire to succeed will be recognised
- The opportunity to develop the role and your own career
- A warm, supportive and positive learning working environment
- Staff who are committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes of our pupils
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed - to arrange a visit to the school please contact, Vanessa Lewis, Office Manager, on 0208 788 8901 or via email Vanessa.email@example.com
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
For any further details please contact the school on the telephone number or email below.
Completed applications should be returned to the school either by email or post.
Closing date: 18 May 2018 (at noon)
Interviews: 23 May 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.