Hillcrest Manor House School and Burghwood House, specialist Care and Education provision for Children & Young People with SEMH needs based in Horsham, require an Administrator to join their team. Salary £15,164 - £18,928 per annum, depending on experience. The School is located in the county of West Sussex and is commutable from Slinfold, Barns Green, Crawley, Leatherhead, Guildford, Worthing and other surrounding towns and villages.
Manor House School and Burghwood House are Ofsted rated ‘Good’ registered care and education providers set in picturesque countryside of West Sussex. Manor House School is a DfE registered independent school which offers education to c25 boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health needs between the ages of 7 – 18 yrs. Manor House School seeks to maintain stability and therapeutic placements so that the students build relationships, enhance their feelings of self-worth and develop a desire to learn, rewarding pupils for good behaviour. We aim to nurture growth and develop every individual to their potential, also valuing staff development and providing good opportunities for subject expertise.
We are looking to appoint a proactive, organised and flexible Administrator on a full time basis to join our Service where we support children and young people with social, emotional and mental health needs with challenging behaviour. Involved in a variety of administration tasks for the school and residential home, you must be competent in handling confidential files and financial records whilst also providing a good level Customer Service to visitors and staff on-site.
The role is offered on a full time, permanent basis, working 40 hours a week Monday – Friday, Term Time only. Working hours have some flexibility but must meet the business needs, this can be discussed at interview.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties as Administrator will include:
• Providing an effective, timely and confidential administrative support to all Staff and Managers as required
• Supporting the Head Teacher by completing a variety of administrative tasks to include word processing, general filing and postal duties
• Responding to all telephone and email enquiries in a friendly & professional manner
• Welcoming and signing in visitors on arrival
Key Skills Required:
• Have experience of working within an administrative role, ideally within an educational setting
• Understand the needs of the young people we support and the challenging behaviours they may display
• Effectively communication skills, both written and verbally
• IT literate and have the capability to use Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Emails
• An understanding of the importance of keeping information confidential
• Ideally hold a full UK Driving licence
If you are an organised and flexible Administrator, please apply immediately. In return we offer a salary scale of £15,164 - £18,928 per annum, depending on experience, plus excellent company benefits.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications
Hillcrest Manor House School forms part of Outcomes First Group, the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.