Hours/Contract: Part-time, Term-time, Temporary Position until 30 April 2022: 20 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
The Role: Millbay Academy is an all through primary to secondary school and is looking to recruit an experienced Administrator as part of the admin team that supports the whole school on a range of administrative duties.
The job involves working within recognised procedures and will include reception duties, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries from a range of stakeholders including parents, staff and students.
General administrative duties including maintenance of manual and computerised records/management systems, financial administration e.g. collects and records dinner money and undertaking specific duties that support the day to day administrative operations of the school.
The Person: This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated and self-sufficient person who is very well organised and with a can-do attitude. We are looking for people who have the following experience and qualities:
• NVQ Level 2 in Administration or equivalent qualification or experience
• Good knowledge of general computer packages and office equipment e.g. Microsoft Office, photocopier, telephones etc.
• GCSE Mathematics and English – Grade C and above or equivalent
• Good keyboarding skills for the production of routine correspondence and emails with occasional typing
• Experience of manual and computerised record/information systems
• Have good verbal and written communication skills to exchange information with a range of audiences (e.g. staff, students, parents and others)
• Previous experience of working in a school, whilst is not essential would be desirable.
Next Steps: So if you have any queries about this role, please get in touch by calling Tara Davis, Executive Business Manager, on 07394 559630 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are experiencing any technical issues, please contact email@example.com for support.
All applications to be made directly through TES.
Closing date: for applications is Sunday 23 May 2021 at Midnight.
Interview Date: Interviews will be held on Thursday 27 May 2021.
Opportunities and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary plus LGPS pension, great career progression and development opportunities, access to our Employee Assistance Programme with many other benefits. We’re proud of how we support our staff in order that you have high levels of job satisfaction, are aware of the difference you are making for the children and families you work with and can see your contribution towards our community. There are regular opportunities for professional development and training, and a wider community of staff to network with within Reach South Multi Academy Trust. You will have the chance to visit other local schools, work alongside a range of outside professionals and take part in a variety of e-learning and face-to-face training.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Each post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Reach South Academy Trust has an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring section of the application form before submitting.
Please note that Reach South Academy Trust can only consider applications from candidates eligible to work in the UK, and who can provide the required documentation and where a candidate does not need a Tier 2 Visa.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 16 years