Job Title: ADMINISTRATOR (ADMISSIONS)
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, Full Time
Pay Grade: Scale 5 – 22 to 25 (£22,962 - £25,000)
Reports to: Admissions Officer
PURPOSE OF POST
To Assist the Admissions Officer in the smooth and effective admissions provision for whole school admissions (Y7-13) and provide support to the Examinations Officer during core Examinations seasons.
• Interact with external applicants from first point of contact to successful application, assisting applicants as required
• Assist in the production of admissions data necessary for the application of the Admissions Policy in the offer of all places at the school
• Administer computerised databases of all applicants (11+, 16+, in-year) as they are received.
• Organise the logistics pertaining to testing, processing of testing, organisation of meetings/interviews as and when needed
• Assist in the maintenance of the LA applicant database and producing relevant reports
• Assist in the preparation of paperwork and relevant website information for all application stages and parent packs/emails following offers of places
• Assist in the import and export electronic files for students joining and leaving the school including Common School Transfer Files, SAMS, SATs etc
• Assist in the preparation and supply of data for statistical returns
• Assist in the maintenance of the School Roll including PP, FSM information on SIMS. Notify all staff as relevant regarding changes to student roll and maintain Tutor Group lists as required
• Prepare student files and archive as appropriate, maintaining archived records (online and paper)
• Organise logistics of appeal hearings
• Be in attendance at the School for 11+ testing and Prospective Parents Events (Y7 and Y12) (up to a maximum of five evenings meetings and two Sundays annually)
• Assists in busy times with whole school administration
• Undertake additional duties as may be appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the post
• Be day to day contact and administration of Sixth Form admissions
• Maintaining/Creating of Admissions of School Website, Mail chimp and Admission wufoo
• Assisting with paperwork and statistics for Governors Admissions Committee.
• Deputise for Admissions Officer in their absence.
• Provide assistance to the Examinations Officer during core examination season (January, May, June) when Admissions is slower.
• Provide assistance to the main reception, answering calls as part of the ‘Hunt Group’ during busy times when Admissions is slower.
• The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the statement of Conditions of Employment.
• This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so construed.
• The job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed from time to time and may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the holder of the post.
• This job description may be varied to meet the changing demands of the School at the reasonable discretion of the Headteacher.
• There may be occasions when it will be necessary to cover other Administrative roles within the School or to work with the administrative team when there are peaks and pressing issues.
• This job description does not form part of the contract of employment. It describes the way the post holder is expected and required to perform and complete the particular duties as set out in the foregoing.
• The post-holder may deal with sensitive material and should maintain confidentiality in all School related matters.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The postholder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons, for whom s/he is responsible or with whom s/he comes into contact, will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy Statement at all times. If, in the course of carrying out the duties of the post, the postholder becomes aware of any actual or potential risk to the safety or welfare of children in the School, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Child Protection Officer.