Are you a highly organised and efficient Administrator? Are you seeking a new part-time opportunity for 2019? The Leigh Academy has a rare and exciting opportunity to appoint an Admissions Co-ordinator - a brand new position within our academy, part of the main office team. Reporting directly to the Office Manager, you will oversee the full admissions process and will offer a friendly and helpful service to all parents you come into contact with on behalf of their children. The basis of this role is 20 hours per week during Term Time with 4 additional weeks inset, a fantastic opportunity for candidates seeking a part-time position allowing you to keep most of your school holidays free!
The key responsibilities of this role include;
- Operate as the lead contact (including phone, email, letter and in person) for parents seeking admission to the school, explaining and assisting with admissions processes and procedures
- Process external applications to all Year 6/7 – Year 11/12 year groups, liaising with the appropriate members of the academy leadership team
- Organise and oversee the Fair Banding Assessment process for new Year 7 applicants
- Maintain waiting lists and pursue applicants when places become available
Please consult the Job Description by clicking here for further details.
Working at The Leigh Academy: We are the founding member of Leigh Academies Trust and are incredibly successful in what we do. The Leigh Academy is a centre of educational excellence serving the whole community of Dartford. We are a high-performing school which takes students of all abilities. Our success is built on the traditional values of pride, respect and hard work in a modern, hi-tech learning environment. Our performance is regularly rated among the top ten state schools nationally for value added. The Leigh is committed to helping each individual achieve more than she/he thought was possible. Our teaching and non-teaching staff work collaboratively for the benefit of our students and some key features of our unique brand of learning include:
- 4 College structure – small schools model
- Vertical Tutoring – students from Years 7 to Post 16 meet each day as a tutor group
- Personal Tutoring and the development of each student’s emotional intelligence
- Two year Key Stage 3
- Strong Vocational Curriculum offered by every Learning Area
- Strong community, national and international partnerships
- Large group teaching
- Innovative use of ICT
Being part of the Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff better access to career opportunities as the Trust is committed to developing and promoting from within wherever possible. We also want the Trust to be an organisation where people can enjoy teaching and become the type of teacher they aspire to be. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.