Lord Wandsworth College is seeking an experienced, customer focused Admissions Manager, to join our successful admissions team. This role is essential to us ensuring that we deliver best-in-class experiences for potential pupils and their families at every stage of the admissions journey. The successful candidate will have outstanding communication and people skills together with strong organisational and administrative abilities.
This is an exciting and wide-ranging role with a variety of responsibilities to include:
• To be the key contact for all prospective parents considering the College and maintaining regular communication with them throughout their admissions process
• Leading, supporting and motivating the Admissions Assistants who you will line manage
• To efficiently administer every step of the admissions journey from start to finish, including interviews, entrance assessments, bursary and scholarship applications and recording progress on our paperless admissions platform, OpenApply
• To use excellent customer management skills, to communicate with and manage all relationships with registered students and their families on a regular basis
• Management of scholarship applications, including liaison with the relevant Heads of Department
The successful candidate will possess the motivation, enthusiasm and commitment to promote the College’s aims and ethos in the delivery of the role, which will include occasional evening and weekend work and travel. Personal warmth and an ability to inspire others, ideally with an understanding of the life of an independent boarding school community, is highly desirable. Previous experience/training in a school admissions role would be advantageous.
Lord Wandsworth College offers an extensive benefits package which includes generous salary and annual leave entitlement, free parking, lunches provided term-time, contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, death in service cover and free use of College's sports facilities.
Closing date: Friday 16th April 2021 at 6pm
Interview date: Week Commencing 19th April 2021
If you require any assistance completing your online application please contact Vacancy Filler, our recruitment support team, on 01509 236434 or use the 'Chat Now' option found at the bottom of the online application form.
Any questions with regard to the post should be directed to the HR Recruitment and Compliance Coordinator, Jack Richmond on email@example.com
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check and references. We are an equal opportunities employer. Lord Wandsworth College is a registered charity (Number: 1143359) providing outstanding caring education for boys and girls since 1912.
Lord Wandsworth College
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Lord Wandsworth College is named after Baron Sydney Stern, a Liberal MP and the second son of a Jewish banker. Granted a peerage less than four years after winning the seat of Stowmarket in 1891, Stern took the title of Lord Wandsworth in reflection ...