We seek an Admissions Officer to provide outstanding support to the Admissions Service at Star Central. As the Admissions Officer, you will support the Admissions Service in the delivery of a range of tasks in relation to the management of admissions at both strategic and operational level. You will also be a first point of contact for all admissions enquiries.
Star Academies is a mixed Multi-Academy Trust running a rapidly expanding and diverse network of schools in Lancashire, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, the Midlands and London.
Educational excellence and social mobility are at our heart. Working particularly in areas of deprivation, the Trust has many years of experience of helping children and young people to raise their aspirations and achieve outstanding results:
• Two of our secondary schools were ranked 1 and 3 in the 2017 national ‘Progress 8’ league tables.
• All of our new schools inspected to date have been rated ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED.
You will have:
- 5 GCSEs (including Maths and English at Grade C or above);
- Degree qualification or equivalent;
- 3 years’ administration experience within an education setting or Local Authority;
- Knowledge of school admissions practices;
- The ability to work under pressure and have strong IT skills;
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
You will find an organisation that:
- Is passionate about its vision of ‘Nurturing Today’s Young People, Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders’;
- Has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our community;
- Has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development;
- Is well-ordered with high standards of commitment.
We are committed to diversity and would welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please contact Rebekah Mottershead, Admissions Manager on 0330-313-9886 if you would like an informal and confidential discussion regarding the role.
Applicants must complete the Trust’s application form. CVs will not be accepted for this post.
Closing date: Sunday, 24 March at midnight
Interviews: w/c Monday, 1 April 2019
Star Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts within our establishments are subject to satisfactory references, DBS and health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts within our schools are subject to satisfactory references, DBS, due diligence and health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.