London Academy of Excellence Tottenham is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic educational professional with substantial experience of teaching A level Mathematics, Further Mathematics and/or Core Maths to take on the full time role of Advanced Mathematics Support Programme Area Coordinator for the London region. This post is part of the national Advanced Mathematics Support Programme, AMSP.
You will play a key role in the operation of the AMSP working as part of a team of Area Coordinators across the London region. You will be responsible for the effective management of support for schools and colleges in improving the teaching and learning of level 3 mathematics, in order to increase student participation in your area.
This work includes:
· organising activities and events to promote level 3 mathematics to students in Key Stage 4
· organising tuition for students of Further Mathematics, when schools and colleges are unable to provide it directly themselves
· organising professional development for teachers of GCSE, A level Maths and Further Maths, and Core Maths
· advising and supporting schools and colleges with developing their level 3 mathematics provision
· coordinating support for students preparing for university mathematics entrance examinations
· liaising with Maths Hubs and other stakeholders to improve level 3 mathematics in your area
The successful candidate will have substantial experience of teaching Core Maths and/or A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics, outstanding organisational and project coordination skills, excellent communication skills, excellent IT skills, the ability to build and maintain good professional relationships, and will be a confident and enthusiastic teacher with a passion for mathematics.
The starting date is 1 January 2019 or earlier if possible. The post is offered for a fixed term until April 2020 in the first instance.
Closing Date: 16 September 2018
Interview Date: Week beginning 24 September 2018
London Academy of Excellence, Tottenham is a Partner Institution for The Advanced Mathematics Support Programme, which is a government funded project managed by Mathematics for Education and Industry (MEI). The successful applicant would be employed by LAE Tottenham. This post involves working with children, hence all offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, as well as other appropriate clearances.
The post is offered on a 0.6 contract.
- Academically selective 6th form, opened in September 2017 based on the phenomenally successful model of LAE Stratford.
- Principal Education Sponsor Highgate School and Lead Business Sponsor Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
- Partnered by eight other leading independent schools - Alleyn’s, Chigwell, Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’, Harrow, John Lyon, North London Collegiate, Mill Hill and St Dunstan’s College, each offering departmental support, CPD, expertise and shared student experiences.
- Providing first-class support into top class higher education and employment, focused on academically ambitious local young people.
- Housed in a stunning new state of the art school building linked to White Hart Lane stadium
- An exciting opportunity to join a young and growing school