£30,957 per annum
Full time - 37 hours per week
Automatic entry into the teachers’ pension scheme (TPS)Fixed Term Contract for 1 year
Based at St Albans Campus
In depth vehicle electrical and diagnostic skills will be a major part of the role; the successful candidate would be required to teach on a range of Motor Vehicle programmes at Entry 3 to Level 3 across a range of subjects.
You should have a strong commitment to high standards of classroom practice and experience of teaching. An assessor qualification is desirable but not essential. You will have a genuine regard for young people and want to work with us to ensure that all our students aspire to do well. You will demonstrate and professional standards in your area of work. The ability to work in a team is essential, sharing good practice and working collaboratively with colleagues are qualities that we will be looking for.
Your application will be shortlisted on the following;
· Achieve the Development level status as a teacher
· Evidence of high levels of student success rates and students achieving very well, with the majority making better than expected progress given their starting points
· Assessor and verifier awards (for vocational curriculum areas where required)
· Achievement of consistently good or outstanding teaching over a 3-year period, with no grade 3 or grade 4 observations during this period.
· Evidence of extensive Continuous Professional Development including subject updating
· Evidence of effective monitoring, tracking and assessment of students’ performance and progress
· Holds the minimum of Level 3 subject specialist qualification or higher when necessary to teach the subject area at the required level
Closing date: Thursday 14th December
Interviews: To be confirmed