Vacancy: Advanced Science Technician
Hours per week: 32.5
Monday to Friday 8am - 3pm
Working weeks: Term Time + 1 day
Salary: £17,232 - £18,285
Closing Date: Monday 13th December 2021 at 9am
Interviews: Wednesday 15th December 2021
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Advanced Science Technician to support our thriving science department in January 2022.
The successful candidate's role will be to work with our science department to provide technical support for practical lessons, ensuring that resources and equipment and areas in science are suitably maintained and fit for purpose. They will support the learning and teaching activities working closely with staff and pupils.
The successful candidate will:
• Have professional laboratory experience
• Have experience of working in a school (desirable)
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills
• Be committed and reliable with excellent communication skills
All Saints is an 11-16 school, situated near the northern boundary of Kirklees. We are a Catholic school with students attending from diverse cultural backgrounds, which contribute to the distinctive ethos. In July 2017, Ofsted judged All Saints ‘good’ in every category.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our College making substantial progress under current leadership. In turn, we are looking for a candidate committed to playing a part in transforming the lives of our young people.
At All Saints Catholic College, we aim to create a happy workplace culture through promoting a healthy work/life balance. We do that by providing a package of flexible employee benefits, including:
- An attractive pension scheme for both Teaching and Support staff.
- A high quality wellbeing package including medical cover, counselling, physiotherapy, fast track medical cover, care service and a 24-hour GP- helpline.
- Kirklees Employee Health Care, which also includes wellbeing support, physiotherapy.
- Care First Advice - a 24/7 information and counselling service.
- We are part of the Cycle to Work scheme. Tax-free bikes and safety equipment can be payable by payroll deduction through a partnership with Cyclescheme.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are able to work as part of the whole staff team.
An Application Form and further information can be downloaded via our website www.aschc.com
Completed Application and Disclosure Forms should be returned to Miss C Taylor at email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Due to the number of application forms we receive, we regret we can only contact the shortlisted candidates.
All Saints Catholic College is a denominational, co-educational secondary school in Bradley Bar, close to Huddersfield. There are approximately 890 students aged 11-16 at All Saints. The school motto is "Love Serve Learn".
From September 2017 the sch...