Advanced Teaching Assistant - to start ASAP
Hoe Valley School is a four-form entry over-subscribed secondary school that opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking. The School follows the national curriculum and offers an extended day allowing time for additional Maths, English, Enrichment and project based learning.
We are looking for a passionate, talented and experienced advanced teaching assistant to join our dedicated team in leading the School on its journey to becoming an established outstanding community School. The successful candidate will work within a team of Teaching Assistants to contribute to improving standards in English and Maths and work with students on a 1:1 level and with small groups.
Our Advanced TA will also interchange with the class teacher and lead whole class learning as required to allow the teacher to focus on individuals and groups of students in order to ensure the progress of all students. They will inform IEPs, contribute to target setting and review meetings and ensure the provision for SEN students is high quality and meaningful.
The successful candidate will lead on a specific area of SEN provision as meets the needs of the School and reflects the individual’s skill-set. Experience of working in phonics, numeracy interventions or ELSA would be an advantage although not essential.
- You will have A* - C grade in English and Maths at GCSE level or equivalent
- You will have experience of working in a Primary or Secondary school setting
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and strong levels of numeracy, written and oral communication
- You will be a team player who is willing to support all aspects of School life
- Our staff feedback shows we have a team who feel trusted, listened to and who have a healthy work life balance
- The excellent behaviour of our students and our resistance to any unnecessary paperwork means staff can really focus on teaching and learning
- All of our team have a bespoke CPD programme in place and share best practice across faculties.
- Our staff are offered childcare and cycle to work vouchers, reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facilities and have access to convenient free parking.
- We also have additional holiday at the end of the Autumn and Summer terms to recognise and reward the commitment of our staff.
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a School's development and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Deadline for application is:
Friday 27th October 2017
Interviews will be held on:
w/c 6th November 2017
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications.
No recruitment agencies please.