After School Care Assistant
Monday to Friday, 3.30pm – 7.00pm, Term Time Only
· To create a safe and happy environment in which children, aged 2 ½ -11 years, can play.
· To supervise children at play
· Manage the termly session booking process for the after school care sessions and liaise with the Prep Office and Finance Office
· Maintain and monitor a daily register of all children who attend the sessions, checking booking lists and informing office of any missing children
· Log children out on departure, liaising with parents
· To set out, in conjunction with the session assistant, a variety of age appropriate activities, games, crafts, construction in which children may participate
· Weather permitting, supervise children in the outside play area
· Liaise with the school chef to develop a weekly food menu for the later session
· To serve tea to pupils. May be hot or cold and served at different sessions.
· To ensure a high standard of behaviour, both at the table (i.e. table manners) and during play sessions (e.g. sharing and respect for equipment)
· Maintain a tidy area and clear away at the end of the session
· To stay behind if necessary once After School Care is finished to ensure all children have been collected by a relevant parent or guardian.
· To liaise, as necessary, with the Prep School Office, Head of EYFS and Head of Prep, particularly with regard to passing on messages from parents.
· To be aware of all the relevant safeguarding and health and safety requirements
· Hold parent details and pupil medical requirements
· Attend to children’s physical welfare such as changing after toilet accidents, sickness and support when ill
· Attend Inset days incorporating staff training and staff meetings and line management meetings
· Any other duties that may reasonably be required by the Head of the Prep School
· The After School Care Assistant will be line managed by the After School Care Manager
QUALIFICATION and SKILLS
· Minimum: EYFS full and relevant Level 3 qualification
· A caring, fun-loving, team player who enjoys working with young people
· The person will need to be reliable, enthusiastic, adaptable, discreet and tolerant
· Good organisation and communication skills
· To undergo necessary training e.g. First Aid, Food Hygiene, Child Protection, Fire Safety
· Experience in a similar setting would be an advantage
To apply, please download our application form and return to
Closing date: Wednesday, 28th February 2018.
The school is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees