After School Care Manager – Permanent. To commence 29 April 2019
Band 7/8, SCP 11 – 22 (negiotable). Actual salary £7606 - £9457
Hours 3.00 pm – 6.00 pm Monday to Friday, 16 hours (15 hours + 1 to arrange) per week, term time only
The after school manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the club, including leading the staff team, communication with parents and ensuring the safety and well-being of the children.
The successful candidate will be:
• Work with all staff to ensure and provide care, play opportunities and activities in a nurturing, and safe environment, with regard to the individual development needs of the children.
• To oversee, lead and motivate a team of staff to deliver high quality creative play opportunities in a safe and caring environment
• Liaise with the school with regard to the needs of the children who attend the club
• Passionate about working with children and able to bring new ideas to the role
• Provide safe, creative and appropriate play opportunities.
• Reliable, flexible and hard-working
• Enthusiastic and driven, with a desire to further develop and improve the provision and experience of working with a team to implement changes
• Someone with good organisational, people management, communication and IT skills
• Willing to undertake child protection training
• Knowledgeable of safeguarding policies and procedures
• Develop and maintain good relationships and communications with parents to facilitate day-to-day caring needs
• Ensure that activities are carried out in a safe and responsible manner
• Ensure that food provision is carried out within the food safety guidelines
• A friendly and supportive working environment where all staff are valued
• An exciting opportunity to be involved with the continued development of the after school club
• Excellent professional development opportunities
• A supportive working environment, where your contribution will be valued
To request an application pack please contact the school office on 01274 772175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visits are warmly welcomed (by arrangement).
Closing Date: Friday, 22 March 2019 at 12.00 noon
We are committed to safeguarding children and all posts are subject to a DBS check.