Colne Valley High School, Huddersfield
Alternative Provision Co-ordinator
Permanent role, 37 hours a week
Term time only
To start – ASAP
Salary - £22,148 per annum (based on a FTE of £25,481)
Are you dedicated in ensuring the very best outcomes for students?
We are looking for an inspirational Alternative Provision Co-ordinator to join our school.
Your new school
Colne Valley High School is one of the first purpose built comprehensive schools in England; founded in 1956 and is located in the Colne Valley, an area of outstanding beauty in the east flank of the Pennine Hills in West Yorkshire. Easily accessible from Manchester, Huddersfield, Leeds and surrounding areas.
In September 2019, Ofsted judged the school to be ‘Good’ in all four categories. This judgement reflects the significant progress and incredible journey by the school since the previous inspection in June 2017.
Your new role
Maintaining high levels of behaviour and student engagement within the Academy is a key part of our approach to improving educational attainment and inclusion and is one of our key priorities across all of our schools.
The Alternative Provision Co-ordinator will play a pivotal role in making this happen.
We are looking for someone who:
• Will assist with the day to day management of our behaviour systems; including isolation, on-call and detentions.
• Can liaise with Achievement Coordinators and Heads of Faculty regarding barriers to learning for our students as well as feedback on progress for our students.
• Will work closely with the Senior Team to reduce fixed term exclusions, raise attendance and increase engagement.
• Will lead on all aspects regarding alternative provision and keep necessary records and risk assessments.
• Can analyse student data regularly and identify patterns to focus further action.
A full job description is available.
What you’ll get in return
• A supportive and welcoming school who value the work life balance of our staff.
• A team who fully support each other by working together in order to carry out effective learning to enable us to get the best out of each and every one of our students.
• A fantastic Wellbeing Centre run by a trained counsellor; accessible for both staff & students providing high quality and skilled personalised support.
Closing date – Monday 9th August 2021, 9:00am
Colne Valley High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years