Closing date: 12pm on Monday 14 August
Start Date: As soon as available
Location: Holborn, London
Salary: £27,000-£36,000 depending on experience (+11% employer pension contribution)
Ark is an education charity and one of the country’s top performing academy operators. Our academies are situated in areas of high disadvantage, with over 30% of Ark pupils eligible for free school meals, compared with 16% nationally. We currently work with 36 primary and secondary schools across London, Hastings, Portsmouth and Birmingham. Our vision is to create a group of outstanding schools that radically improve our pupils’ life chances.
We believe that education isn’t simply about passing exams; it’s about enabling students to learn the skills and qualities they need to be successful at school and beyond. Our mission as an organisation is to ensure that every pupil does well enough to go to university or pursue the career of their choice. To support this, our schools ensure that alongside setting high expectations for academic progress, we also focus on building the habits and skills most desired by employers and universities, guarantee access and exposure to the experiences that will help them to shape a vision for their own future and guide their decisions about their university or career pathway after school. In the last two years, we have also developed a strategy to work more closely with our students once they have left school as part of our Alumni Engagement strategy.
The Ark Alumni Engagement Manager is responsible for implementing Ark’s strategy for fostering engagement and support with our growing student alumni community, ensuring that they have access to support and opportunities which enables their long term success into a career of choice. The role sits within the Pathways and Enrichment team at Ark which is responsible for enabling success and choices for all students from primary through to the age of 25.
- Support school level engagement with their alumni
- Create and Deliver Alumni Support and Engagement Programmes
- Oversee the delivery and development of the Ark student bursary programme:
- Develop and deliver the Ark Relatable Role Models programme which engages Ark alumni and corporate volunteers from diverse backgrounds to deliver one off talks or bespoke coaching and mentoring for vulnerable student groups
- Develop a support programme to support alumni whilst they transition from school into university and/or employment
- Tracking and Communicating Alumni Progression
Person Specification and required experience
We are looking for candidates who possess the following:
Knowledge and skills
· An understanding of the challenges that students may experience through school, university and other post-18 pathways, and into careers
· A passion for improving the life chances of disadvantaged students and increasing social mobility
· Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to project manage multi-layered and complex programmes on time and to budget
· Excellent communications skills and ability to deliver training and talks to different audiences
· Ability to relate well to people of all backgrounds
· Self-motivated with ability to work autonomously as well as a willingness to contribute to and support wider team objectives
· Experience of working in the education sector in the UK
· Experience of successfully delivering multiple programmes/projects concurrently
· Experience of and ability to translate an idea into a project/programme and achieve KPIs
· Experience of effective stakeholder management and donor stewardship, particularly with corporate partners
· Experience of engaging students or colleagues through an event, programme or activity
· Must have right to work in the UK
· Educated to degree level or above
For a full job description please download the job description.
To apply, please go to https://goo.gl/GxHLFY. Please submit your application by 12pm on Monday 14th August. First round interviews will take place on 18 August. Second round will happen in the following week.
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact the recruitment team on 0203 116 6345 or email@example.com.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.