Join the team at UWCD!
UWC Dilijan College is looking for an experienced and committed candidate to fill in the position of Alumni Relations Manager to join us from September 2019.
UWC Dilijan – one of the 18 United World Colleges – is an intentionally diverse international boarding school in Armenia. It first opened its doors in August 2014 and now has 232 students (16 to 18-year-old) from 80 countries studying International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma.
We believe that education is “a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future” (UWC Mission). We are a caring, learning community that aims to support the intellectual, moral, emotional, social, spiritual and physical development of our members following the UWC educational principles, model and values.
UWC Dilijan is also part of a wider network of organizations that work to transform Armenia, such as the IDeA Foundation, the Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity,the Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology.
Alumni Relations Manager performs a key function in the student engagement cycle that starts from admissions and ends in transition of the students to alumni. He or she acts as a focal point of contact with the alumni once they graduate from the college and is the one responsible for managing the continuously growing network of UWC Dilijan College alumni, their engagement in the life of the college after they leave, cultivation of relations with them, enabling and encouraging alumni to contribute towards the development of the College with their time, talent and treasure.
- Acts as the focal point for contact with UWC Dilijan alumni for their engagement and participation in the life of the college. Responds to all requests by alumni related to the college;
- Prepares transition of graduating students into alumni. Establishes and maintains regular contacts, builds relationships with a wide range of alumni locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally through different channels, including email, social networks, organizing webinars for or with participation of alumni, reunions etc;
- Collects and updates contact data, university acceptance and other relevant information from graduating students and alumni and runs a database;
- Cultivates the alumni as future potential donors who give their time, talent and treasure back to the college and the UWC movement;
- Continues fostering alumni generational commitment, involvement with and in support of the school, the students and the mission;
- Guides and oversees engagement of alumni into the College projects during the academic year;
- Runs the Internship Program for the alumni with the College, partner organizations and/or other projects and entities in RVVZ network. Is able to see and negotiate internship opportunities for alumni. Provides guidance and support to alumni relating to these opportunities if need be;
- Supervises the 3-year program for recently graduated UWC alumni;
- Organizes proper training on such policies as child safeguarding alumni returning to UWC Dilijan campus for internships/projects are, as well as other policies relating to rules of behavior on campus, and oversees their behavior through their stay on campus;
- Ensures proper implementation of relevant operations procedures relating to access to College facilities with regards to alumni;
- Facilitates contact with those alumni whose scholarships were supported by a specific donor or donors and requests materials for stewardship purposes;
- Engages alumni to contribute to College communications - solicits news, biographical updates, and photos from alumni for the website, newsletter, and online resources. Develops, coordinates, and executes on- and off-campus alumni gatherings, including the annual reunion, and events in cities where UWC Dilijan has concentration of alumni;
- Establishes alumni engagement programs and provides reports that analyze results and response rates;
- Is in close contact with UWC International Office and other UWC colleges for engagement of alumni of other colleges in internships and projects in UWC Dilijan;
- Drafts the alumni budget and monitors budget performance;
- Gathers feedback from all stakeholders to plan and implement continuous improvement.
- Listens to and understands prospect, donors, and volunteer needs and proactively responds to those needs in a timely manner;
- Create positive relationships with UWC Dilijan students, employees, governors and trustees. Involve students in alumni engagement as appropriate;
- Work with the Communications team to establish an engagement communications plan for enhanced brand recognition on all communications platforms;
- Other duties as required. Supervise the students’ jobs and students’ CAS activities and projects during the academic year.
Required Skills and Experience
- Higher education;
- Advanced knowledge of English;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Experience of working in an international organization;
- Experience and ability to work with teenagers and youth;
- Strong experience in project management;
- Budgeting and budget follow-up skills;
- Creativity in planning and implementing strategies and projects;
- Experience in and comfort with asking for donations;
- Willingness and ability to work in an intercultural and diverse setting;
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimum supervision as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to understand the practice of donor relations, gift processing, and research.
- Ability to work with and motivate other development professionals and volunteers
Highly Desirable Skills and Attributes
- A proactive approach with a “can-do” and flexible attitude.
- A self-starter, with a determination to succeed.
- Willingness and ability to work long hours occasionally or after hours, as required.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of and communicate the ethos and ideals of UWC Dilijan, and international education.
- A professional and mature approach to work with an ability to build strong rapport with a broad spectrum of people.
- First and foremost, the opportunity to work with truly diverse, wonderful, smart and talented students.
- Fixed term contract renewable by mutual consent.
- A competitive salary (stated in $US, paid in equivalent Armenian Dram).
- Rent-free accommodation including utility bills and free meals in our canteen (also for dependents).
- An annual travel allowance and relocation allowance at the beginning and end of contract.
- Usage of the school’s excellent facilities, including an indoor swimming-pool, gym, theatre, workshop and art studios.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Private medical and travel insurance.
Being an intentionally diverse community, we welcome applications from qualified candidates from all cultural and educational backgrounds. All applications have to be submitted electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on August 19th (UTC +4). Please specify the title of job in the subject line.
UWC Dilijan is committed to safeguarding our students and visitors. An application for a position implies explicit consent to undergo thorough background checks and screening. Successful candidates will be subject to background checks, including reference requests from previous employees as well as a security check.